Call recording ridiculousness

How many of ya'll have already broken the rule & forgotten to say your script on every call?? Tell the truth! I'm raising my hand! :D

Every day multiple times. Recording has already been in place for years but remembering to do the disclaimer is a very easy thing to forget.

Someone said that NAHU said once you say it one time to an indicual prospect or client you do not have to say it again (however you still need to record). If true, I may just put a custom field checkbox in the CRM for that so once it's done it's done.

I drive an hour north for internet lol. It will all sort out, I'm just going to
be off to a late start, internet should be back up by Nov. then I can work
from home.

I looked up what NAHU said about the disclaimer and found it in an excerpt from a webinar —

I'm stealing an idea from another agent and I just created a custom date field in my CRM.

"Disclaimer Audio Statement Date"

Once I play the disclaimer, I'll click that field and simply click the date and it'll log.

I won't have to remember in 2025 if I played the disclaimer for someone... it'll be logged.

Some compliance nerd one day wants to know if I told Jane that I don't work for Govt, the date will be readily available in the CRM - easy to pull that specific recording.

--
Also - I did find out that my original idea to have the disclaimer play as part of the welcome message would not work because the welcome message is not recorded and there should be a recording of the statement.

Saying, "well, I have it on the welcome message" is not really good enough.

So, I went back to the drawing board and came up with this.

Since I'm on an iMac for my phone, I purchased "Loopback" from RogueAmoeba and configured the "input" audio to be both my mic + Quicktime. I recorded the disclaimer as an mp3 and set it w/ QuickTime and now can simply click "play" and it plays the 11 second recording. The "loopback" program allows them to hear the audio being played on the computer and it doesn't sound like an amateur playing a recording up to a microphone. It sounds great/clear.

I really just didn't want to verbally say that stupid phrase hundreds and hundreds of time and this was worth every penny to be able to not have to say it over and over.

Get to a good point in the conversation, click "Play" -- now just remembering that is the new challenge.

I also now use it for the UHC Med Supp Security Question signature. That is SOOO LONG that we have to read "by answering the security question you............ blah blah blah" so I recorded the full thing (except the last line) and now I just hit "Play" and 45 seconds later I finish the last line "you agree for plan G 12/1" etc.

I'm telling you my friends, Loopback is awesome. Work smarter, not harder.

I honestly don't know why everyone is making it about the recording

The recording really isn't that big of a deal, Many buis do it, and it can protect you against complaints

The disclaimer is the 1st minute is the much larger issue

Do u have the link to disclaimer that needs to be read bf talking?

I'm stealing an idea from another agent and I just created a custom date field in my CRM.

"Disclaimer Audio Statement Date"

Once I play the disclaimer, I'll click that field and simply click the date and it'll log.

I won't have to remember in 2025 if I played the disclaimer for someone... it'll be logged.

Some compliance nerd one day wants to know if I told Jane that I don't work for Govt, the date will be readily available in the CRM - easy to pull that specific recording.

--
Also - I did find out that my original idea to have the disclaimer play as part of the welcome message would not work because the welcome message is not recorded and there should be a recording of the statement.

Saying, "well, I have it on the welcome message" is not really good enough.

So, I went back to the drawing board and came up with this.

Since I'm on an iMac for my phone, I purchased "Loopback" from RogueAmoeba and configured the "input" audio to be both my mic + Quicktime. I recorded the disclaimer as an mp3 and set it w/ QuickTime and now can simply click "play" and it plays the 11 second recording. The "loopback" program allows them to hear the audio being played on the computer and it doesn't sound like an amateur playing a recording up to a microphone. It sounds great/clear.

I really just didn't want to verbally say that stupid phrase hundreds and hundreds of time and this was worth every penny to be able to not have to say it over and over.

Get to a good point in the conversation, click "Play" -- now just remembering that is the new challenge.

I also now use it for the UHC Med Supp Security Question signature. That is SOOO LONG that we have to read "by answering the security question you............ blah blah blah" so I recorded the full thing (except the last line) and now I just hit "Play" and 45 seconds later I finish the last line "you agree for plan G 12/1" etc.

I'm telling you my friends, Loopback is awesome. Work smarter, not harder.

I thought individual carriers had more disclaimers that need read?

What A huge PITA

I guess that didnt work.

Just got off ph and must record everything

Wow

The petition didn't work. Didn't think that would - no one cares about that petition site anymore.

And NAHU didn't do anything other than send a letter. I guess a stamp costs money.

I wonder if all the agents that joined NAHU in light of this and gave them money will get a refund? :spinny:

Back