"Canned" Presentation or Not

Just a quick pole question here... how many of you guys use visual aids when you are presenting?

Rouse got me thinking after I read through some of the article he posted. We live in a picture driven world, but it seems to me as we mature in this profession we use fewer and fewer visual prompts and tend to lean more on the use of verbal persuasion.

Could it be that perhaps we might (I mean me) might be missing the boat when it comes to the good use of imagery? I use a talk pad (clean sheet of paper) and have things I always write down but after reading the article and thinking about how I started in the this business its got me wondering?

Your professional thoughts?
Depends on the prospect. With some folks, you can tell right away that they're already going to buy from you, and you just need to work out the details. Sometimes it's just better in those cases to be conversational, and use a pad like you do. However, when a prospect needs a little more convincing, a visual presentation can have more impact.

Just a quick pole question here... how many of you guys use visual aids when you are presenting?

Rouse got me thinking after I read through some of the article he posted. We live in a picture driven world, but it seems to me as we mature in this profession we use fewer and fewer visual prompts and tend to lean more on the use of verbal persuasion.

Could it be that perhaps we might (I mean me) might be missing the boat when it comes to the good use of imagery? I use a talk pad (clean sheet of paper) and have things I always write down but after reading the article and thinking about how I started in the this business its got me wondering?

I've always understood that you remember twice as much if you hear the words and see pictures, than if you just hear the words.

I really don't use visuals that often...except for that yellow legal pad. I use the legal pad all the time.

I've always understood that you remember twice as much if you hear the words and see pictures, than if you just hear the words.

I really don't use visuals that often...except for that yellow legal pad. I use the legal pad all the time.

So... you write on the legal stuff... smoke the the illegal. :laugh: Couldn't help my self.

Is this a new business startup? Graphic comic books of insurance sales talks for today's insurance professional?

I would outsell someone 2 to 1 if they were using a flip chart for FE or Med Supps. You need to have conversations with seniors, not talk at them.

Who says you can' t have a conversation using a flip chart?
Good catch. I took his comment to show the importance of having a conversation with the prospect. Letting them tell you what's important to them, instead of you using a flip chart to tell them what's important to them. :yes:

Who says you can' t have a conversation using a flip chart?

Not the best conversation when all they are looking at is a book and not you. Can you direct their eyes when you need to? Yes you can, but I don't want to have to keep doing that during a presentation. I want to have that eye to eye contact.

Besides that, tell me what you would normally find in a flip chart? Things like how much a funeral costs? What senior doesn't already know that from just talking with/about friends?

Either way, I still stand by my statement that I will outsell someone that uses a flip chart 2 to 1.

Back