Change Agent of Record for a Humana MAPD Plan?

Nope doesn't work with UHC. It does with Anthem though as well.

sorry to hear that-----------last week spend a lot of time helping a man who I had enrolled in a CIP plan 4 years ago and before it even took effect a UHC came in on top of me to bounce me. I put him in a dual plan that covered teeth and the replacement plan didn't. He called me for help getting teeth since hes never heard from the AOR since. Gave him the bad news he would have had teeth prior to this year had he not let the other guy switch him. Spent a lot of time with him and he wants me to be his AOR going forward.

If they wont do AOR changes then obviously I just tell him to disenroll and then I come back and enroll him. Doesn't UHC understand that such process should not be necessary to get a beneficiary a rep to call on cause the original AOR disappeared??

sorry to hear that-----------last week spend a lot of time helping a man who I had enrolled in a CIP plan 4 years ago and before it even took effect a UHC came in on top of me to bounce me. I put him in a dual plan that covered teeth and the replacement plan didn't. He called me for help getting teeth since hes never heard from the AOR since. Gave him the bad news he would have had teeth prior to this year had he not let the other guy switch him. Spent a lot of time with him and he wants me to be his AOR going forward. If they wont do AOR changes then obviously I just tell him to disenroll and then I come back and enroll him. Doesn't UHC understand that such process should not be necessary to get a beneficiary a rep to call on cause the original AOR disappeared??

I'm not contracted with uHC, so I don't have a dog in the fight. My understanding is that AOR changes are very fluid since they allow AOR to change every time an agent changes the member to a different UHC produc. Of dog in the fight

----------

I'm not contracted with uHC, so I don't have a dog in the fight. My understanding is that AOR changes are very fluid since they allow AOR to change every time an agent changes the member to a different UHC product. In your example, simply sign the CIP mb over to UHC Dual. You'd become the new AOR? wouldn't you? There isn't any protection of the original writing agent.

----------

I'm not contracted with uHC, so I don't have a dog in the fight. My understanding is that AOR changes are very fluid since they allow AOR to change every time an agent changes the member to a different UHC product. But, I think that it also brings out competition and agents in a saturated market, which UHC probably likes. In a market with Chronic , Dual and regular UHC MA plus CIP products, many potential opportunities could be created to cannibalize business from another agent to get the easy commission.

sorry to hear that-----------last week spend a lot of time helping a man who I had enrolled in a CIP plan 4 years ago and before it even took effect a UHC came in on top of me to bounce me. I put him in a dual plan that covered teeth and the replacement plan didn't. He called me for help getting teeth since hes never heard from the AOR since. Gave him the bad news he would have had teeth prior to this year had he not let the other guy switch him. Spent a lot of time with him and he wants me to be his AOR going forward.

If they wont do AOR changes then obviously I just tell him to disenroll and then I come back and enroll him. Doesn't UHC understand that such process should not be necessary to get a beneficiary a rep to call on cause the original AOR disappeared??

While UHC does not allow strait AOR changes I never had a problem getting paid when changing from 1 UHC to another. I also have a lost at least 2 plans to some one changing from 1 UHC to another with another agent

Absolutely! I've done it several times already. Penn is the one that told me about it. You need a HANDWRITTEN letter from the member which needs to explain why the AOR change is being requested. It should say something along the lines of "ongoing service issues". Humana is very prompt and will let you know of the result within 2 weeks. They will also let the current AOR a letter to defend his business. They will pay at the renewal rate that was valid at the time of original enrollment. Try Option 5 on the broker support line.

This worked for me-I met a husband/wife at an informal event who had been having claims problems and gave them some advice they liked. When we got finished I asked them if they had an agent (no) so suggested the handwritten letter request.

I submitted it to Humana by email and, about 3 weeks later, received a confirmation that I was now the agent of record.

I have been told that either an email from the client to agent service or hand written letter. I have submitted both. Last year was the first year I wrote Humana officially, other than guiding existing clients through medicare.gov. Figure why not get paid for it...

Any one had success with an email from the client to agent services with your SAN and their humana id in the email?

I got two Humana AORs through email last year. I do think that the email has to be on file with the carrier, though, as their "official" email address.

Update, had a number of my clients send in a aor change request via email. Humana has changed the aor to me. They notified me via email the chance had taken place. At least my clients that I helped before I was contracted with Humana are now mine officially.

Back