Change Agent of Record for a Humana MAPD Plan?

Update, had a number of my clients send in a aor change request via email. Humana has changed the aor to me. They notified me via email the chance had taken place. At least my clients that I helped before I was contracted with Humana are now mine officially.

Ok, I know this thread is old but...

I'm curious to know how many agents truly do this on a regular basis. I have done several now and was surprised at how easy it was. I never do it if the Humana member has a good agent that keeps in touch with them regularly. But recently I've been asking people how long it has been since they've heard from their agent. 90% of them tell me they have never heard from their agent once. They enrolled over the phone, or some other way many years ago, and haven't heard from them since. If that's the case, then I feel that this client is fair game.

I understand the supposed logic behind the AOR (helps motivate agents to keep in contact with and service clients well), but at the same time, I think it also acts as a discouragement for agents to even write Humana MAPD in the first place...knowing that some agent could come in behind them and get AOR'd.

Just curious how many agents do this on a regular basis

If the member has not heard from their agent or the agent is not responsive, or they enrolled via Humana Telesales, then yes, I will have them write an AOR letter so I receive renewal commissions and I am able to help them out. Anthem allows for AORs and uses a form letter as well.

I definitely don't go looking for them. If I get a referral of someone who wants to switch their med supp, then yes I use it. I have a few more clients I need to switch over. I figured if I was doing the work for them anyway, might as well get paid the little renewal we get anyway.

Back