Clues to Lincoln Heritage Success?

Once in a while, though, a pugnacious post gets past me.

Love it... long time since I heard that one... "pugnacious"...man, I don't remember seeing that spelled out since high school English with Mrs. Drake. :laugh:

You get some points in my book shonceman... ever use that in presentation to a client?

Love it... long time since I heard that one... "pugnacious"...man, I don't remember seeing that spelled out since high school English with Mrs. Drake. :laugh:

You get some points in my book shonceman... ever use that in presentation to a client?
I try to be myself with people, even if it’s clear they’re “linguistically challenged”. I trust that anyone with average intelligence can infer the meaning of a new word from its context, the same as me. But my presentation is pretty simple and straightforward, so no, I don’t believe I’ve ever used “pugnacious” with a client.:GEEK: (I have, however, faced the occasional bellicose client who behaved churlishly to the point of pugnacity toward me!:1wink:)

It's the FE forum... all is fair in love and war... before this thread is done, I am sure we will be discussing what is the best treatment for hemorrhoids. :twitchy:

That reminds me of the time many years ago when I was searching a database and saw that someone had charged 4 hours to anal product review. It was probably supposed to be analyst or analytical. That's what programmers get for trying to abbreviate too much.

That reminds me of the time many years ago when I was searching a database and saw that someone had charged 4 hours to anal product review. It was probably supposed to be analyst or analytical. That's what programmers get for trying to abbreviate too much.
And thinking about that reminds me of the time in 1999 when everyone was concerned about Y2K problems and my grandmother asked me if I had my dad's computer ready for K-Y. That's what grandmothers get for trying to remember technical terms.

That’s too funny!!!!!!!

It's the FE forum... all is fair in love and war... before this thread is done, I am sure we will be discussing what is the best treatment for hemorrhoids. :twitchy:

I'm having an afternoon cup of Joe and putting to use that semester in high school I took typing with all those girls. My fingers are moving faster than I can keep up with the threads.

That's funny. I took typing in high school just to be near a certain girl. Didn't work out with her, but I'm sure glad I took typing now! Who knew that I would be typing so much in my years after!

Back