Cold Calling and more!

I still don't know what to say when I cold call clients? What is the best thing to say that works for you that do this.

I don't cold call "clients", my clients already know me.

What you say is going to be totally determined by what you are selling.

I work only the senior market and the first and most important piece of information I want to get out of the phone call is what company do they currently have their insurance with. If that is the only piece of information I get from them it has been a very successful call for me.

So, what are you trying to sell? If you tell us then we can be of a lot more help to you.

If you are working the senior market, give me a call and I can tell you what has been successful for me.

I still don't know what to say when I cold call clients? What is the best thing to say that works for you that do this.

I assume you meant calling to find clients. What are you trying to sell?

All I say is this:

Hi my name is Rob Liano, is the cost of your health insurance giving you a headache?

This is direct and clever, if they say no, click and I move on, if they say yes (usually after a chuckle) I continue with my presentation, either way it's progress.

;)

I am new and just started working at AFLAC in NJ. Basically my goal is to set appointments with the decision maker of the company. How do I go about cold calling about this and in addition stepping out of the box and doing other things to prospect. My first two days I did not mind the cold calling at all. What bothered me was that I was basically saying the same thing over and over again that if I heard on the other side I probably would say not interested also.
I appreciate your time
Thanks
Bob

Tell us what you are saying to the clients.

When I had to do cold calling, I use to keep it simple and just try to sell them on me coming out to visit with them and helping them.

Like this. I would basically say that I'm going to be in their neighborhood helping one of his neighbors with his insurance needs and protecting their family and wanted to see if I could come by and help them also. I offered them some of my services, like free living wills. I would ask them if they had made a living will yet, and tell them that I would love to come by and help them protect their family.

Half of the sale is getting your foot in the door.

WHen you are cold calling clients that you don't know. The key is not to try and beg them to give you an appointment or waste your time talking them into. Offer them a free good service and keep it simple.

You said that if you was on the other side of the phone, that you would say that you are probably not interested also. Then your saying the wrong thing to the client. I like to think that if I was the person that I was calling, that I would not mind me coming by and selling if they could help me. You must believe in what your doing. The client will be able to tell if you believe in what your doing or not.

1 out of at least 50 people that I called that answered the phone would aways say yes to me coming by. I could get at least 4 to 5 appoints in one day of calling. Also you can not get offended if someone hangs up on you, or says no to you. Just call the next one.

Let us know what you saying to the client and remember to keep it simple with them on the phone. Never try and sell them the product over the phone, but sell them on your services, and get the appointment.

Cold calling was a lot better in the old days, then they are now with the do not call list and other issues. But you can still make it work for you in these times. I would be willing to be on the phone all day long, to get a few appointments.

I hope this helps.

IF you need some more help or have questions, just email me.

Mark Rosenthal
[email protected]
www.realfastservice.com

That's awesome Rob! I laughed when I read it. If you called me with this one, I'm sure I'd let you continue on...:twitchy:

Thanks, I think it's important to be different, and an asset to add humor, the client relaxes, and that's always a good thing. Even when they say no, it's more polite and it feels good, LOL.

That is a very cool site. Do you use it or any of the services offered?

I like the video but I think it is a little long but definitely an attention getter.

If I were marketing life insurance I think I would want to include that link in any e-mails I sent to prospects.

Thanks for sharing.

Just found this site from one of the guys at Topgunproducers. I have started checking it out but it offers some good stuff.

Last edited:
Good quick tips! Thanks!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I am wondering if the company I am working for is doing the same thing. I am trying to hold on...to get my experience...so they don't get the best of me...and the clients I have brought in.

Last edited:
Back