Comey picked to keynote LIMRA 2018 Annual Conference

But in essence, your are speaking of a man who has admittedly leaked information that is now being investigated as classified...

Yeah, now that he has spoken against the admin its being investigated. But I digress...

Some of the most insightful comments about crime come from prisoners and former prisoners. You can learn a lot from those who have done wrong. (or allegedly have done wrong)

Like I said, I would not have chosen him. I would not have chosen the other speaker either.

However, the man has been through multiple situations involving ethics, situations that left him caught in the middle of two major forces trying to influence his decision. No matter what he decided, one half would be upset and cry foul.

Those very situations are why someone like him would be uniquely suited to speak about ethics and the decision making surrounding it. And would likely make his insight fairly interesting to hear.... especially considering the recent events that have occurred.

He was put in one hell of an ethical conundrum, anyone who goes through that experience is going to have very unique insight into decision making and ethics, regardless of the outcome.

Maybe you would hate what he has to say on the subject. Maybe not. But an open mind is capable of gaining insight and applying that to grow their business. A closed mind will never grow.

Again, I would not have chosen him. But for people to bash him as a pick to talk about ethics, seems like nothing but personal political bias.

Instead of focusing on politics, why not focus on the professional aspect of it? Would that not be more productive personally as a business owner?
I normally agree with most of your posts, but I think you're way off base on this one. :yes:

I normally agree with most of your posts, but I think you're way off base on this one. :yes:

You cant fix ethics without knowing why people acted unethically in the first place. No matter the side you see him on the ethical scale. His opinion, his actions, and his career have a story to tell and lessons to teach... at least to teach an unbiased mind.

My main issue is LIMRA choosing such a controversial figure as speaker. But I guess that was the point.

In October is the 2018 Annual Conference. That's some time between now and then. What relevance does he have life insurance? Seriously.

Maybe he will be allowed to present virtually. All the attendees can applaud and present a standing ovation from his prison cell.

Not to belabor a point that needs little discussion to begin with,

But in essence, your are speaking of a man who has admittedly leaked information that is now being investigated as classified... and to add further damage to insult, he is the the face and was the head of one of the most (at the time) respected enforcement and investigative agencies our country has to offer...

And this you believe is a well qualified person to speak on ethics to people who if they had done just half of what he is accused of would be in jail right about now... this is why we take classes every 2 years that are in a real senses a waste of time and money...

Politics aside... LIMRA's choice was a poor one. :skeptical:

LIMRA will pay a price for this choice. This is a really dumb move on their part and reveals something about the politics of the leadership. This cannot be a good for the organization.

Why wouldn't an organization like this seek to bring unity to a field where politics might effect how you live your life, but have nothing to do the way the undertaker gets you in the box or sprinkles you in the can... he does it the same way for both sides of the isle.

And what sort of message do you send the agent base... so I guess next we will be willing to hear Hilary Clinton's address on cyber security measures on protecting e-mail traffic while processing applications...

Use some common sense... so sad that it's not so common anymore. :no:

The comments on this thread are more indicative of everyone's political beliefs than Comey's ethics or the ability to speak about ethics.

And sometimes that is what makes a great speaker. Anyone can tell you what you want to hear, it takes real backbone to give a different opinion.

Back