Creative Places to Leave Business Cards

Scollywopbebop

Hello fellow agents!

I know that we live in the age of Google but I’m curious to learn of some honest opinions where you feel leaving business cards would be a good idea.

I’ve thought about canvassing my local neighborhood and leaving my card wedged in the front door. This concept gets landscapers some business, though I’m not sure how successful. Perhaps some of you fine folks can share other places where you’ve had success?

My opinion, business cards in doors, windshields, at cash registers, etc are mostly ineffective unless there is a CTA and probably your picture.

Years ago I ran across a card for a company that sold primarily hardwood floors. The card appeared to be real wood, like Balsa, except with a prominent grain. I don't know if it was effective or not but it was memorable.

If you have an Asian restaurant and want to leave your menu on my mailbox or windshield you MIGHT get a call. Lawn and house cleaning services that stick their card on my mailbox get tossed.

Hello fellow agents!

I know that we live in the age of Google but I’m curious to learn of some honest opinions where you feel leaving business cards would be a good idea.

I’ve thought about canvassing my local neighborhood and leaving my card wedged in the front door. This concept gets landscapers some business, though I’m not sure how successful. Perhaps some of you fine folks can share other places where you’ve had success?

I've left hundreds of business cards and never gotten a single call. I've been in sales for almost 20 years, and I would be shocked to hear you getting any business from that. You may get some business indirectly by the conversations you'll have while dropping off the business cards, though. You'll get better results from your time by standing on your rooftop and screaming that you sell insurance. At least when the police come, someone will talk to you and listen to what you have to say.

I've left hundreds of business cards and never gotten a single call. I've been in sales for almost 20 years, and I would be shocked to hear you getting any business from that. You may get some business indirectly by the conversations you'll have while dropping off the business cards, though. You'll get better results from your time by standing on your rooftop and screaming that you sell insurance. At least when the police come, someone will talk to you and listen to what you have to say.
My routine for cold doorknocking has always included leaving a door hanger of some kind if they don’t answer. In more recent years, that’s been mainly knocking neighbors of whoever I’m visiting, not straight canvassing (although I’ve done plenty of that in the past). In the past few years I’ve only had a handful of direct responses on those. But once they become a client it normally leads to other sales in the house as well as referrals. Not a major source, but worth the small amount of effort it takes.

I’ve never tried putting hangers on every door in a neighborhood. But, because of the ‘rona, I’ve been tempted to try putting out some life insurance hangers, just to see what kind of response I get. Under normal circumstances, that wouldn’t generate much attention. But people are pretty conscious of their need right now. So, I think I might get a few more calls than normal.

Hello fellow agents!

Many businesses have a bulletin board where you can stick your business card. Grocery stores, laundromats, restaurants.....

Back