Creative Places to Leave Business Cards

Just a friendly little pointer. I would suggest you look more for "proven" things than "creative" things. "Proven" means it works. "Creative" means it may work. You're already on the right track for asking advice from people with experience: good on you.

Two great posts from you in my thread. Thank you!

My opinion, business cards in doors, windshields, at cash registers, etc are mostly ineffective unless there is a CTA and probably your picture.

Years ago I ran across a card for a company that sold primarily hardwood floors. The card appeared to be real wood, like Balsa, except with a prominent grain. I don't know if it was effective or not but it was memorable.

If you have an Asian restaurant and want to leave your menu on my mailbox or windshield you MIGHT get a call. Lawn and house cleaning services that stick their card on my mailbox get tossed.

That's because a good Asian restaurant is hard to find anymore, I was always interested to see if it was a good one

Though not anymore since Keto but before I was always willing to try a new one

But as far as other services Ill look online when I need one and toss any advertisements

I’ve thought about canvassing my local neighborhood and leaving my card wedged in the front door.

I tried this with very very few responses. I decided it wasn't working because the cards must have been blowing away in the wind... so... I took my framing hammer and 16 penny nails and started nailing them to the door frames.

As luck would have it, my responses increased exponentially. I had even better results than @DHK 's curve.

I tried this with very very few responses. I decided it wasn't working because the cards must have been blowing away in the wind... so... I took my framing hammer and 16 penny nails and started nailing them to the door frames.

As luck would have it, my responses increased exponentially. I had even better results than @DHK 's curve.
That sounds like my idea of rubber banding them to a rock and tossing them through people’s living room windows.

(Then, when they call to ask why I threw a rock through their window, I could respond, “Just to demonstrate the randomness of the unexpected. What if that had been a bullet? Would your family be financially prepared for your sudden demise?” Then, naturally move to a life insurance discussion!:yes:)

Back