Creative Places to Leave Business Cards

I know a personal lines P&C agent with a 10 person office that’s growing like crazy. Door knocking is his primary lead generation method. I wouldn’t leave flyers, I would knock on the door.

Door knocking wide open for p&C agents . I’ve rarely ever heard of p&C agents knocking . Although if your cold knocking it requires to run into people who are unhappy with their rates so it takes a lot of knocking

Door knocking wide open for p&C agents . I’ve rarely ever heard of p&C agents knocking . Although if your cold knocking it requires to run into people who are unhappy with their rates so it takes a lot of knocking
thomasm on the Forum said he door to door knocked for leads for a P & C agent on the side.

I'm commercial only P&C. After my referral system and networking, it was the next most effective way of getting new business without the cost of advertising. Believe it or not, rates was only sometimes the pain point to initiate the conversation. Usually it was something else. Again, let me remind you, I'm commercial p&c only, so it's different than personal p&c; the buying motivations, pain points, etc. To get some initial business in to then leverage into referrals and networking, I would say this would be the most effective and efficient way for a commercial p&c agent to bring in initial business. Advertising can be effective too, but I did it with the benefit of 10 years experience selling advertising and previously owning an ad agency, as well as capital. One or both are things that most new agents don't have.

Personally, I've always been pretty good at canvasing, and had experience, so that factors heavily into it. I could see another person canvasing the same amount of time as me and coming back to the office with little or nothing compared to me. Frankly, very few agents have the chutzpah to go out and canvas effectively, or at all.

Last edited:
Back