Declined

Actually all prepaid debit cards (or loadable) have a bank behind the card. A lot of my FE clients have those cards (not DE) and all you need to do is have the client call the company and ask for the account and routing number associated with that debit card. I've done this with Walmart cards (Green Dot Bank) and Nexis cards (Metropolitan Bank) with success. Don't let the fact that they have a debit card discourage you from writing them on a non 5Star/SNL company.

MetaBank and NetSpend also have routing and account numbers - but be sure to confirm with the card issuer that they are "transactional" accounts. Some have the routing and account numbers for direct deposit only, but they won't work for EFT payments.

MetaBank and NetSpend also have routing and account numbers - but be sure to confirm with the card issuer that they are "transactional" accounts. Some have the routing and account numbers for direct deposit only, but they won't work for EFT payments.

I called the customer service number for the card and asked for the EFT routing number and whether or not I would be able to set up EFT payment drafts. I was told the card only allows for deposit transfers. :mad:

Declined yes but applied no. But aaaawwww I see what you are saying, Oxford just screwed him because they declined so now he is a no go there to. Way to go Oxford.

SNL would still take him without answering it yes if you call and speak to an underwriter about it. It isnt as if he was declined for medical reasons.

SNL would still take him without answering it yes if you call and speak to an underwriter about it. It isnt as if he was declined for medical reasons.

This is the kind of stuff that makes this forum a gold mine. :1biggrin:

It sounds as if he was not declined but simply postponed if they said he had exceeded the threshold in "the last 18 months". That indicates that after that period has passed they would accept him. That would be my approach when I spoke with a company underwriter. Give them a reason to say "yes".

THe other distinct possibility is that he has applied for insurance numerous times through direct mail. A lot of people fill out those applications thinking they are requesting information when in fact they are applying.

I know the insured said he has never applied, or responded, but I have seen this happen in the past.

I had a similar case with Standard. Other wise healthy lady they declined. When I called to find out why I was told "too much MIB activity. Lady swore that she had not applied in the the last 12 months. Who knows.:1err:

Back