Did Bankrate Buy Insuranceagents.com?

Does anyone have a change of conversion rates after takeover of InsuranceAgents.com? It is a question to lead suppliers.

Certainly we didn't invent it (follow up email), we just offered it for free, and it was market tested for years before we kicked it off, and it was extremely customizable and user friendly. 8 emails a month, and the ability to track and monitor who was opening the emails. And the IA Quick Connect technology WAS ours. Our former employee took the technology and made it available (for a monthly fee) to agents, (mostly state farm) for a monthly fee of $300-$400...we gave this to our agents for free as well. This tool alone, if you used nothing else we offered was consistantly connecting 1 out of 3 times.....This tool itself closed my deals, and kept my agents with me. Lev didn't leave people high and dry, but only a handful of people were really there long enough to earn what I would consider a significant severance. People who paid attention saw this coming though. When the barcode stickers were being put on the computers last summer, that's when I started updating my resume...:cool:

Sad to see InsuranceAgents.com fall by the wayside too :( I really do wish The FTC takes some action in regards to the way the internet lead business operates. Bankrate pretty much has a monopoly and the fact that they sell their leads 30 times over should be criminal not to mention the affiliates in Lagos Nigeria or Eastern Europe filling out fake lead forms and selling it to them.

RIP Insuranceagents.com...its all downhill from here

Back