Does losing VA coverage, while covered under MA....

I lost my VA coverage. I received a phone call to schedule my annual physical after the date was set something came up and I called back to reschedule the appointment. The person I needed to talk with wasn’t available so I left a voicemail saying I needed to cancel the appointment but I wanted to reschedule. After a few days, I didn’t hear anything back so I called again and left another voicemail and again no callback.This went on for several weeks and I got busy with other things and forgot about it.

Next thing I know I received a letter saying I was no longer eligible for VA coverage and if I wanted them I would need to reapply.

I think they booted me because I missed the appointment I canceled.

Seems like an odd reason for them to cancel. But if you are OK with that I guess we are done here.

Possibly LD's income comment is buried in the link below.
Frequently Asked Questions - Health Care Benefits Overview - Health Benefits

Who qualifies for VA benefits
Who Qualifies for VA Medical Benefits?

Imprisonment can impact VA disability payments
Will a Criminal Conviction Affect Your Veter - Guides - Avvo

LD, I hope you are seeing in each one of these attachments that the only time income comes into play is to determine any amount of co-pays you may have. It does not determine whether or not you qualify for benefits. Can we put an end to this now?

Fall under SEP. I think I know the answer (having MA keeps him from qualifying for a SEP) but can't find the answer. I was about to enroll him in UHC MA after he told me he was had just lost his VA cov'g, till I got on MC.gov and saw he had Texan Plus-said he forgot he had it as an agent enrolled him last yr and he's never used it as there were no Dr's around his area.
If the Texan Plus MA plan he has does not have Rx coverage then the loss of creditable Rx coverage from the VA does create an SEP to get a PDP or an MAPD.

Back