Does losing VA coverage, while covered under MA....

I agree 100% with this statement. I don't know about other parts of the US, but the VA physician in my town is a jerk. There is no way this Dr would make it in private practice. The only people I know of that use the VA have little or no income. They have no other choice for their health care. Anyone with any $$$ is going to skip the VA.
BTW LostDollar, you can call me collect when you run into a vet that pays the IRMAA tax! That is funny right there!

I was rereading through this thread a bit and hit your post again.

The US military has run thousands and thousands of men and women through it. Just as mental health problems and physical health problems are not the sole province of the civilian population, neither are intelligence, business acumen and serendipity limited to those who have never served in the military.

While they may not be as visible as some down and out military veterans are, I am quite confident that there are many US military veterans who have done very well for themselves financially in our country's economic climate over the last 40 to 60 years.

When a Veterans Administration website specifically says this:

we cannot enroll you in VA Health Care at this time due to your income exceeding the established income thresholds for enrollment.

What am I not comprehending when I say that the Veterans Administration uses income as a current criterion for enrollment in the VA Health System?

What you're not comprehending is "VA uses income as current criterion" If you have a disability that you are receiving a monthly check for there is no income criteria or wasn't. But even as a priority 2 or 3 (forgot which one) I paid for my prescriptions, not medical. I admit I haven't used the VA since turning 65, 5 years ago and don't plan on going anytime soon. Group 8 under Clinton I believe if there was an income level it was very little and most got in. Under Bush he terminated group 8 and either put it back in before leaving office or Obama did. But with that being said some did get in under Group 8 regardless of what they made and they went right to the VA clinic near me and spoke with them.

When I did go regularly all the old timer's would sit around a bitch about it, I had the feeling they just came to sit around a chew the fat with other vets because it seemed the same ones were always there.

Just to throw in my encounter where I live in South Carolina. I come across many VA clients. Lost Dollar is correct in saying income determined VA eligibility.

I have VA clients that were declined by the VA due to income.
Especially insulin clients. They complain about the copays yet they are vets.

Just like the common phrase "the VA will take care of me when I pass on) one has to be eligible to get a plot based on the years they served.

Mr. King, I respect all your posts, but on this case, I beg to differ based on my experience. By the wa, I wish you were my FMO/IMO

They must not have had a disability rating.

What you're not comprehending is "VA uses income as current criterion" If you have a disability that you are receiving a monthly check for there is no income criteria or wasn't. But even as a priority 2 or 3 (forgot which one) I paid for my prescriptions, not medical. I admit I haven't used the VA since turning 65, 5 years ago and don't plan on going anytime soon. Group 8 under Clinton I believe if there was an income level it was very little and most got in. Under Bush he terminated group 8 and either put it back in before leaving office or Obama did. But with that being said some did get in under Group 8 regardless of what they made and they went right to the VA clinic near me and spoke with them.

When I did go regularly all the old timer's would sit around a bitch about it, I had the feeling they just came to sit around a chew the fat with other vets because it seemed the same ones were always there.

I spoke specifically to income being a current criterion in a previous post.

Just to throw in my encounter where I live in South Carolina. I come across many VA clients. Lost Dollar is correct in saying income determined VA eligibility.

I have VA clients that were declined by the VA due to income.
Especially insulin clients. They complain about the copays yet they are vets.

Just like the common phrase "the VA will take care of me when I pass on) one has to be eligible to get a plot based on the years they served.

Mr. King, I respect all your posts, but on this case, I beg to differ based on my experience. By the wa, I wish you were my FMO/IMO

And yet I go to the VA for all my medical needs. Do you think they let me go there because I make no money or something? If money had anything to do with it I probably wouldn't be going.

As I said before though, money does determine if you have a copay for prescriptions or not.

Back