Door hangers & postcards for not sold direct mail leads

[QUOTE="rousemark, post: 1330346, member: 22336"]I don't consider it as any more than leaving a business card on the door to let people know I have been there. If they were to happen to mail the card back, so much the better.. I certainly wouldn't consider spending the time to put them out 1000 at a time.[/QUOTE]

The bold above, my friend, is why you got zero responses. There's no need to do something just to be doing something. If you're going to do something do it with the intention of making it work for you.

You'd need to put out 1000 door hangers to get back 8-15 IF THESE DOORHANGERS WERE PUT ON DOOR KNOBS OF PEOPLE AGE 50-80 AND INCOMES OF $50K AND LESS.

You probably couldn't target quite that tightly putting out door hangers, even if in the right neighborhood. So you'd probably need to put out MORE than 1000 door hangers to even get back 8-15.

That's assuming the wording of your SNL door hanger is that of a FE DM piece. Can you post a pic of that door hanger up here? Front and back?
How did you arrive at those #'s? :huh:

[QUOTE="rousemark, post: 1330346, member: 22336"]I don't consider it as any more than leaving a business card on the door to let people know I have been there. If they were to happen to mail the card back, so much the better.. I certainly wouldn't consider spending the time to put them out 1000 at a time.

The bold above, my friend, is why you got zero responses. There's no need to do something just to be doing something. If you're going to do something do it with the intention of making it work for you.
Greg.. I leave business cards behind when I call but I don't go around putting them out by the thousands...However, this does create a possibility my business card doesn't.. BTW, I do attach a label that has the same info as my business card.. If I get a return or a phone call, great. If not, I haven't done anything extra so it is not a case of "just something just to be doing something"

It is sort of like many businesses that advertise on billboards. They don't expect to ever get a phone call based on the billboard but they do expect it to keep their name in front of people.

BTW, I did get a call a few months ago from a magnet card I had left with a woman. I did not sell her but apparently she put on her refrigerator.. Two years later her son whom I had never met called me and bought a decent sized FE plan and a cancer plan. .

Last edited:
I use door hangers when I cold knock, either straight canvassing or “house next door”. If there’s no answer, I leave the hanger. I use one that’s directed to home service that has a space for my name and number. I’ve only ever gotten one call directly from it (that led to writing multiple family members, as well as a couple neighbor referrals). But they serve me on the debit by keeping my name and company before potential future clients. The next time I knock I might catch them home. If they’ve seen the ad, it might make me seem a little more familiar. I also suspect that many of the referral calls I’ve gotten from neighbors of clients were reinforced by brand recognition from the ad on their door at some point.

There is a reason why brands like Coca-Cola, McDonalds, etc still pay a LOT for advertising. Brand name recognition just as suggested by @rousemark and @shonceman .

This is referred to as marketing which is not the same as selling. When done right it is more effective than putting something out you think will encourage folks to buy.

Many agents know how to sell but few know how to market.

I use door hangers when I cold knock, either straight canvassing or “house next door”. If there’s no answer, I leave the hanger. I use one that’s directed to home service that has a space for my name and number. I’ve only ever gotten one call directly from it (that led to writing multiple family members, as well as a couple neighbor referrals). But they serve me on the debit by keeping my name and company before potential future clients. The next time I knock I might catch them home. If they’ve seen the ad, it might make me seem a little more familiar. I also suspect that many of the referral calls I’ve gotten from neighbors of clients were reinforced by brand recognition from the ad on their door at some point.

If you redesign your door hanger so the prospect mails the card back in you'll get more responses than having the prospect call you. That's been tested.

If you redesign your door hanger so the prospect mails the card back in you'll get more responses than having the prospect call you. That's been tested.
I’d actually like that better. But it’s a company card, and I suspect they don’t want the extra cost of the perforated card and business reply mail. I may bring it up to them, though. I use a hanger with reply card in apartment complexes that’s geared to renters insurance. Oddly enough, I’ve only gotten one reply card back. But there’s also a space for my phone number, and I’ve gotten a few calls from it. Maybe the reply card format makes them look more legit.

Latest posts

Back