Door Knocking "Cold" T65 List of Names

you will need you to report to the local authorities and have your lic. revoked and all your business cards burned.

10-19-2018%20The%20Addams%20Family%20005-L.jpg

It’s political.

The Democrats definitely do NOT want people on MAPD. They see that as taking government single payer money away from Medicare and funding “for profit” private insurance companies with the money.

They hate it.

That's legit a bunch of horse crap. If that was the case, Congress could have passed a law that reduced regulations for MA sales from 2016-2018.

:SLEEP:

Some agents really need to take some personal responsibility for why things are the way they are. Marketing regulations weren't about some shadow Mastermind plan to push single payer.

They were in response to some $h... agents and imo's taking advantage of people by pushing a zero premium product on people that shouldn't be on it as "just as good."

MA is a tool. It works in some situations. Like like Plan N works in some situations. However, some agents will take real liberties to make a fast buck.

That's why CMS stepped in. If it was about Single Payer, they would have created the regulations of all private insurance Medicare products.

Last edited:
That's legit a bunch of horse crap. If that was the case, Congress could have passed a law that reduced regulations for MA sales from 2016-2018.

:SLEEP:

Some agents really need to take some personal responsibility for why things are the way they are. Marketing regulations weren't about some shadow Mastermind plan to push single payer.

They were in response to some $h... agents and imo's taking advantage of people by pushing a zero premium product on people that shouldn't be on it as "just as good."

MA is a tool. It works in some situations. Like like Plan N works in some situations. However, some agents will take real liberties to make a fast buck.

That's why CMS stepped in. If it was about Single Payer, they would have created the regulations of all private insurance Medicare products.

Not sure what is debatable. When the bush admin passed the Part D and C the Dems went crazy. It’s pulling money from Medicare and Supplying health coverage as a Medicare replacement through “for profit” privately owned insurance companies. It’s exactly what the Republicans think should replace all government health insurance and what the Democrats do not want.

Do you not remember how political it was when passed?

President Obama said he would completely end Medicare Advantage in one of his earliest speeches because it weakened Medicare. Until he was flooded with feedback from his base. If I remember correctly that feedback came at the urging of Humana and it was huge. He backed off.

The existence of Medicare Advantage is very political. Always has been.

Curious with the % of Mapd policy's soaring yr after yr how will Med sup only agents survive yrs down the line?It's just a matter of time before a Mapd agent gets hold of your client and many will jump at the chance of zero or small premiums.

Curious with the % of Mapd policy's soaring yr after yr how will Med sup only agents survive yrs down the line?It's just a matter of time before a Mapd agent gets hold of your client and many will jump at the chance of zero or small premiums.

A few things:

1) Have a strong plan for MAPD leads to make money off of them.
2) Move online and sell nationwide.
3) Have a secondary product that you can sell as an add-on or stand alone.

Or 4) Decide you want to sell MAPD.

Building an MAPD heavy book is a book built on twigs.

Something happens and you can't take the AHIP, done.
Fail the AHIP, done.

CMS rules make it easy for agents to play dirty pool with the complaints issue. Done.

I'm not saying don't sell MAPD. Just throwing out there that heavily relying on MAPD as an income source could come to bite you in the butt.

Frankly, for me to be satisfied with my income level, I need 267 clients on the books for just Med Supp. I don't think that will ever be an issue.

Last edited:
Curious with the % of Mapd policy's soaring yr after yr .

I can't remember the contents of the assortment of articles and agent commentaries that have come by here for sure, but I'm thinking that "percent of policies soaring" may be a bit of an overstatement.

Like Travis said...don't be chained to one product.

I'm Med Supp first and I choose not to sell MAPD. If Med Supps disappeared, I'd have no trouble concentrating on other area's, because I cross sell and pivot. I could focus on Life Insurance...or Cancer Insurance...or Annuities...etc.

If you're not cross selling, you're leaviing money on the table, and you're giving another agent an opportunity to get into "your house". The more policies you have in a house, the better the persistency. :yes:

I read studies where 70% of the marketplace will be MA on x date. I'm willing to bet that's 70% of all people that are on Medicare.

So in MI we have around 330k. Maybe 20% on employer retirement plans. That's 280kish on Medicare. 84k on Med Supps.

Larger scheme of things, I need a little more than 1/4th of a percent to make a decent living just selling MS. That's one product in one state.

I've said from day 1 that I'm not trying to make a million dollars. I'm content with making a decent living and having more control of my time.

I'll take those odds.

Like Travis said...don't be chained to one product.

I'm Med Supp first and I choose not to sell MAPD. If Med Supps disappeared, I'd have no trouble concentrating on other area's, because I cross sell and pivot. I could focus on Life Insurance...or Cancer Insurance...or Annuities...etc.

If you're not cross selling, you're leaviing money on the table, and you're giving another agent an opportunity to get into "your house". The more policies you have in a house, the better the persistency. :yes:

( Re following comments, sorry, I can never remember your Uncle's name-at the moment he's in my mind as Uncle Henry.)

As I read DonP and TravisP's posts preceding yours, a couple of things came to my mind as things that were being missed.

One of them was a combination of Mort Utley's pony story and Uncle Henry. My thought process going something like: If Uncle Henry was around selling Med Supp's this week, how many of those theoretically non-Med-Supp sales would he be willing to concede as "lost sales" before he had the opportunity to speak with the prospect?

My personal opinion is that it is likely you have had some "sales attitude" training that not all have had, and that is also a key element in the discussion, regardless of whether one chooses to sell Medigap, MAPD, or both. Particularly if you figure, given that Medicare had changes in 2006, 2010 and 2020 (do I have that right), that it could be a reasonable assumption that somewhere in the next 8-12 years there will be additional significant legislative changes which could obsolete a lot of a salesperson's current Medicare product knowledge.

( Re following comments, sorry, I can never remember your Uncle's name-at the moment he's in my mind as Uncle Henry.)

As I read DonP and TravisP's posts preceding yours, a couple of things came to my mind as things that were being missed.

One of them was a combination of Mort Utley's pony story and Uncle Henry. My thought process going something like: If Uncle Henry was around selling Med Supp's this week, how many of those theoretically non-Med-Supp sales would he be willing to concede as "lost sales" before he had the opportunity to speak with the prospect?

My personal opinion is that it is likely you have had some "sales attitude" training that not all have had, and that is also a key element in the discussion, regardless of whether one chooses to sell Medigap, MAPD, or both. Particularly if you figure, given that Medicare had changes in 2006, 2010 and 2020 (do I have that right), that it could be a reasonable assumption that somewhere in the next 8-12 years there will be additional significant legislative changes which could obsolete a lot of a salesperson's current Medicare product knowledge.
Uncle Wally. He died before MA. :yes:

I'd be willing to bet that Uncle Wally wouldn't want to deal with CMS's BS, and would sell everything but MA. He was too high pressure to deal with MA and probably would've cold door knocked for MA if he did mess with it. :twitchy:

Back