Door Knocking "Cold" T65 List of Names

Uncle Wally. He died before MA. :yes:

I'd be willing to bet that Uncle Wally wouldn't want to deal with CMS's BS, and would sell everything but MA. He was too high pressure to deal with MA and probably would've cold door knocked for MA if he did mess with it. :twitchy:

Let's see, would that be a description of one of those Type A personalities? :)

( Re following comments, sorry, I can never remember your Uncle's name-at the moment he's in my mind as Uncle Henry.)

As I read DonP and TravisP's posts preceding yours, a couple of things came to my mind as things that were being missed.

One of them was a combination of Mort Utley's pony story and Uncle Henry. My thought process going something like: If Uncle Henry was around selling Med Supp's this week, how many of those theoretically non-Med-Supp sales would he be willing to concede as "lost sales" before he had the opportunity to speak with the prospect?

My personal opinion is that it is likely you have had some "sales attitude" training that not all have had, and that is also a key element in the discussion, regardless of whether one chooses to sell Medigap, MAPD, or both. Particularly if you figure, given that Medicare had changes in 2006, 2010 and 2020 (do I have that right), that it could be a reasonable assumption that somewhere in the next 8-12 years there will be additional significant legislative changes which could obsolete a lot of a salesperson's current Medicare product knowledge.

This would be pretty reasonable. I think always having a backup plan in a highly regulated market is a survival technique.

Personally, I don't knock on doors, hit up T65s, do educational seminars, buy leads, etc.

My leads come organically through search. I own my lead generation tool. So, in my world, I can pivot pretty easily and/or co-market MS and FE without a lot of split concentration or additional cost.

I think people in the MA/MS market feel they have to sell both because every lead is X amount of dollars each. In my world, the more leads I get, the lower my cost per lead is, because my costs are fixed.

I think people in the MA/MS market feel they have to sell both because every lead is X amount of dollars each. In my world, the more leads I get, the lower my cost per lead is, because my costs are fixed.

(Caveat-(more for future readers than you and G-52) I am not an agent.)

My personal opinion would be that a Medicare market agent out 1-2 years from starting that is selling both MAPD and Medigap, solely because of the pressure of lead costs, is a crash and burn waiting to happen. In that period of time, a person should be able to develop enough of an understanding of the market, and its' types of customers, to develop a business statement of what part of the market they want to serve and why.

(Caveat-(more for future readers than you and G-52) I am not an agent.)

My personal opinion would be that a Medicare market agent out 1-2 years from starting that is selling both MAPD and Medigap, solely because of the pressure of lead costs, is a crash and burn waiting to happen. In that period of time, a person should be able to develop enough of an understanding of the market, and its' types of customers, to develop a business statement of what part of the market they want to serve and why.

I guess MA people do seminars, sit at Walmart, do DM or T65.

I do T65, but I don't cold call them 6m out or whatever. I think as we move through younger Baby Boomers and into Gen X, you're going to see more online marketing being a primary source moving forward.

For you agents that don't content market and aren't nearing retirement, you are passing up a cheap effective way to get inbound leads.

Re: online

Doesn't that get expensive? I think I remember seeing a post by another member who generates his own leads, saying that he was planning to spend either 20K or 30K in the next X months to update all his web prospecting and sales tools.

You may have a built in discount advantage if you thoroughly understand all the technical aspects of these tools and can create them yourself.

Re: online

Doesn't that get expensive? I think I remember seeing a post by another member who generates his own leads, saying that he was planning to spend either 20K or 30K in the next X months to update all his web prospecting and sales tools.

You may have a built in discount advantage if you thoroughly understand all the technical aspects of these tools and can create them yourself.

Gross..

No... I don't do all that.

Some people push FB leads and Google ads. That can be crazy expensive. I work organically, so I do more content building. Everything I do costs time, but very little money.

I think I'm projecting about 3k in spend next year.

So, I'm also in a unique situation. I'm a part time agent. I can afford to build slowly as I have a full time job. I let people find me.

My brother and his wife are turning 65. Her birthday is coming up in Oct and she told me that she has had at least 10 agents cold door knock her. Half of them are from the Local Amerilife agency and they keep inviting her to a "Dinner" where she can learn about her Medicare benefits.

I thought this was totally against the rules.

Are these agents allowed to cold door knock a T65 List and bring up Medicare?

Yep - just don't try and get a Part C or Part D sale on that knock . . .

Stand there with that thick as a bible Medicare & You book and get them to look confused - then share the story . . .

jjrardin said:

I was light on leads this past 10 days, so I printed a t65 list from salesdatapro and door knocked them in Little Rock and surrounding... they were surprised, I don't think anybody else had been there. picked up 4 sales... 3 med sup 1 life.

How to you handle discussing Parts C and D, though? I mean they do need to know about D at least if they're getting a Supp. I guess you can just tell them to enroll directly at Medicare.gov?

And where I live, at least you need a permit to go door to door in most boroughs/townships.

Sell them a MS and then since they are now your client, you can go back in a few days and do their PDP

Back