Door To Door In Delaware

This is precisely why I'd like to know some local agents. I appreciate the tip regarding Avatar Leads. I'd like to know what you're doing with targeted data lists. Have you encountered towns and communities that now require a peddler's (I hate the attempt by the towns to denigrate the role and purpose of the door-to-door-salesman) license? Door-to-door sales for many years is how this nation prospered. I've returned to door-to-door sales for fear of dialing a number that appears on the DNC (Do Not Call) List. The penalty of which is now up to $16,000 per call.

With the targeted data list(Josh on the Forum owns ListShack...https://www.listshack.com/)you can download unlimited names for $50 a month. You can filter it several ways. The ones that aren't on the DNC list I phone. The #'s are scrubbed, but if you want to, you can scrub them too. The names that are on the DNC list(80-90%). I door knock.

There are a few towns that want you to register. I door knocked in my favorite town for 30 years and last year a cop told me I had to register at the police station. Didn't cost anything, but one of the rules is that if they have a no soliciting sign up...you can't go to that house. I always like going to those, and I've never had anybody say anything about the sign.

One good thing about the Forum is that the people that hawk their wares here can usually be trusted. I do business with several people on the Forum and have never been disappointed.

With the targeted data list(Josh on the Forum owns ListShack...https://www.listshack.com/)you can download unlimited names for $50 a month. You can filter it several ways. The ones that aren't on the DNC list I phone. The #'s are scrubbed, but if you want to, you can scrub them too. The names that are on the DNC list(80-90%). I door knock.

There are a few towns that want you to register. I door knocked in my favorite town for 30 years and last year a cop told me I had to register at the police station. Didn't cost anything, but one of the rules is that if they have a no soliciting sign up...you can't go to that house. I always like going to those, and I've never had anybody say anything about the sign.

One good thing about the Forum is that the people that hawk their wares here can usually be trusted. I do business with several people on the Forum and have never been disappointed.

Can you use this?

images

Thank you for the tip regarding List Shack. I've used Cole Information for the same thing but I'd like to try something new. Is there a long-term commitment required by List Shack?

I, too, have disregarded the "Peddler's License" without consequence but it annoys me nonetheless.

I still like to wear a jacket and tie when I approach businesses. I like to approach homes door-to-door in a shirt and tie but I've been referred to as rich. Can you believe that a shirt and tie now means you're rich? Do you wear a tie when you cold canvass homes?

----------

My explanation of the Borg Collective was to a post by PCBINSURANCE at the trail end of Page 1 of this thread.

Thank you for the tip regarding List Shack. I've used Cole Information for the same thing but I'd like to try something new. Is there a long-term commitment required by List Shack?

I, too, have disregarded the "Peddler's License" without consequence but it annoys me nonetheless.

I still like to wear a jacket and tie when I approach businesses. I like to approach homes door-to-door in a shirt and tie but I've been referred to as rich. Can you believe that a shirt and tie now means you're rich? Do you wear a tie when you cold canvass homes?

----------

My explanation of the Borg Collective was to a post by PCBINSURANCE at the trail end of Page 1 of this thread.

You can cancel ListShack anytime, so basically month to month.

I haven't worn a tie in years...not sure I could remember how to tie one. If I need one I guess I'll buy a clip on. I wear polo/golf shirts and khakis. People seem to be more comfortable with that outfit than a suit, and so am I.

PCB's one of the resident comedians on the Forum. I hadn't seen his post when I asked you that...I usually try to ignore his posts. Just kidding.:laugh:

In what sort of community do you reside? I grew up in Connecticut and I liked the professional appearance but I moved to Delaware when group trusts such as CGT became a thing of the past and group health carriers left New England. The nearest states of choice for me would have been Pennsylvania or Delaware and, regrettably, I chose Delaware. It's not a bad state but it's a very blue and gray collar state. There is very little here. I'm planning to leave for another state and this time I'll choose a good conservative state for my own compatibility.

What percent of residents respond when you knock on the door? Have you found that some people just don't answer their door? Perhaps it's the tie but I've always been well received in years past.

In what sort of community do you reside? I grew up in Connecticut and I liked the professional appearance but I moved to Delaware when group trusts such as CGT became a thing of the past and group health carriers left New England. The nearest states of choice for me would have been Pennsylvania or Delaware and, regrettably, I chose Delaware. It's not a bad state but it's a very blue and gray collar state. There is very little here. I'm planning to leave for another state and this time I'll choose a good conservative state for my own compatibility.

What percent of residents respond when you knock on the door? Have you found that some people just don't answer their door? Perhaps it's the tie but I've always been well received in years past.

I live in a smaller town, but work in all sizes. I think dressing down is a sign of the times. I've noticed that not many people wear a tie anymore for High School graduations.

I haven't kept track, but I'm guessing that 32.7% of the people answer the door. Many people that are home, won't answer the door...that's why it's a good idea to use "The Wave".

The "wave"? Is that when you get out of the car or when you walk up their driveway that you wave as though you see them?

I've thought about carrying a copy of the Publisher's Clearing House sign that states "Win $7,000 A Week For Life". I doubt that I'd even need to knock. :D

The "wave"? Is that when you get out of the car or when you walk up their driveway that you wave as though you see them?

I've thought about carrying a copy of the Publisher's Clearing House sign that states "Win $7,000 A Week For Life". I doubt that I'd even need to knock. :D

Ahhh, so you're familiar with The Wave. We joke about it a lot on here.:twitchy:

Back