Door To Door In Delaware

I've never really used the "wave". Has it made a difference?

I'll have to upgrade the volume of my security "chirp" so that it's really loud and easily heard indoors. That's when I'll wave.

I've never really used the "wave". Has it made a difference?

I'll have to upgrade the volume of my security "chirp" so that it's really loud and easily heard indoors. That's when I'll wave.

Just for fun, I've done it a couple of times. I don't think anybody really knows if it works, but some feel it can't hurt. Some feel it makes you look like an ***(I'd probably lean in that direction).:laugh:

Just for fun, I've done it a couple of times. I don't think anybody really knows if it works, but some feel it can't hurt. Some feel it makes you look like an ***(I'd probably lean in that direction).:laugh:

If no one sees you what does it matter what you look like? :unsure: And if they do see you, they will think you have seen them and are waving at them and in that case it would not look idiotic. :twitchy:

I think I'll try it for a month and see if the door openings increase.

I'd just hope that they're not just stepping out of the shower when they see me wave. What would they think? :D

Have you encountered towns and communities that now require a peddler's (I hate the attempt by the towns to denigrate the role and purpose of the door-to-door-salesman) license? Door-to-door sales for many years is how this nation prospered. I've returned to door-to-door sales for fear of dialing a number that appears on the DNC (Do Not Call) List. The penalty of which is now up to $16,000 per call.

Yes, door to door solicitor permitting has become the norm. It shouldn't be much of an issue, just consider it lead cost. As for the DNC, you can buy scrubbed data.

----------

Thank you for the tip regarding List Shack. I've used Cole Information for the same thing but I'd like to try something new. Is there a long-term commitment required by List Shack?

Keep in mind there is also the pay per 1000 price model. I always felt this is the better option for door-knocking because the address info is more accurate. People tend keep the same number when they move now-days. Josh's pay per 1000 site is, affordablemarketinglists.com

I have the listshack subscription too, but since i've started buying leads, I haven't had to use it in awhile. I've just been too lazy to cancel it. :swoon:

Last edited:
ThomasM, when you use a list such as the list that you would purchase from Affordable Marketing Lists, what would you use for an approach at the door? You're obviously not using a returned lead card. Are you using a final expense, Medicare supplement, or Medicare Advantage approach? I'd like to know what you say at the door if you don't mind.

Thank you for participating.

Gerri

About the only door knocking I've had consistent success with is working the T-65 market for Med Supps.

Tell me, after 34 years in the business, why are you still door knocking?

Once I purchased my first 3000 mail drop, and realizing it would probably take me 2 months to knock that many doors, I never went back.

These days I only cold call or cold knock for med supp. For FE, it only makes sense to work leads, especially if you got street contracts. (which anybody can get.)

Last edited:
Back