Election Night in America

The winning candidate may have accused her of a crime but he has no ability to charge her with a crime. I am not saying she should be charged but I do think there should be a grand jury empanneled and let them decide if there are grounds to charge her. That is what would be done if it were anybody else.

The President most definitely has the power to charge her with a crime. He simply has to direct his Attorney General to empanel a grand jury. It is very, very rare for a grand jury not to indict when asked to by the prosecutor.

It is hard enough to get decent people to run for office in this country. The last thing any politician needs to be thinking is, "How long will I spend in jail if I lose?"

Ain't that the truth. The people who would make the best candidates never run anymore. They're too smart. What sane person would want to put their personal and professional lives on hold for 18 months, be on the road kissing babies most days with cameras and microphones catching any and every misstep, spending millions on attack ads, being torn up on Fox or CNBC every night?

Remember when Joe Biden said in October 2015 that it was TOO LATE for him to join the race and be competitive? That was 384 DAYS before election day. In Canada campaign season lasts 11 weeks. UK, Brazil and Japan have strict limits on campaigns. Just wish we could reel in the burgeoning "campaign industry" before the next cycle and maybe we'd have some candidates people would actually be excited about instead of trying to vote for the lesser of two evils.

"Pro Bono" should not be capitalized you illiterate ass hat.

(And while not absolutely required since it is a common legal term, it would be considered correct by some scholars to either underline the term or use italics as one does with most foreign words. It depends on which style manual you follow.)

Ah hell, ya got me on that one Mr. Scholar. Hillary should be able to fund her own defense with all the foreign donations the foundation received.
I bet there are some pissed off foreign donors. Their favors just went right out the window.

Were you one of the Protesters at Trump Tower last night? Might want to tell your fellow libs that losing is part of life and to suck it up for the next four years. There are no participation trophies to hand out this time. Lets see what Trump can do...

I thought I read on here that you served in the Military? If that's the case, Thanks for your service.

Hahaha, I know JD's a Democrat, but I didn't realize that he had that much pull.:)

I agree with your post except that I'd like to see a DOJ that wasn't in Bill's "backroom"(plane) working deals for Crooked Hillary. I wonder if Slick Willy used his manly charms on Loretta Lynch?:bump:

Haha, I guess I should have used DOJ vs JD.

Sorry JD :biggrin:

The President most definitely has the power to charge her with a crime. He simply has to direct his Attorney General to empanel a grand jury. It is very, very rare for a grand jury not to indict when asked to by the prosecutor.

He is not the President yet. You said the winning candidate.

Having served on two terms on s grand jury, I can assure you we were not just a rubber stamp for the prosecutor's office.

And, for the record, charges against her would not the result of her running for office.

Last edited:
He is not the President yet. You said the winning candidate.

Having served on two terms on s grand jury, I can assure you we were not just a rubber stamp for the prosecutor's office.

Fair point, but again once he is in office, it is very simple for him to direct the Attorney General to do so. And I respect your opinion, however statistics show that grand juries almost always indict. There was an officer involved shooting here in 2015. The grand jury refused to indict him. It was quite shocking as most grand juries do. I will say, I feel the DA went before the grand jury only because she felt she had to for political reasons.

Fair point, but again once he is in office, it is very simple for him to direct the Attorney General to do so. And I respect your opinion, however statistics show that grand juries almost always indict. There was an officer involved shooting here in 2015. The grand jury refused to indict him. It was quite shocking as most grand juries do. I will say, I feel the DA went before the grand jury only because she felt she had to for political reasons.
The flaw in the grand jury system is if a prosecutor does not get an inditement they can present the case again to the next grand jury that is empanneled even if they do not have any new evidence.

The flaw in the grand jury system is if a prosecutor does not get an inditement they can present the case again to the next grand jury that is empanneled even if they do not have any new evidence.

One of many. Also, only the prosecutor is allowed to present evidence.

I see you added to your previous post. Yes, the charges are not for her running for office. But then, they never are. No dictator has ever tried their political opponents for running against. It was always some other crime they committed.

In the end, I do not believe Trump is a dictator, and based upon his actions since winning, I doubt he will follow through on his earlier comments during the debates and while on the campaign trail about Hillary. He has won and there is little for him to gain by going down that road.

Back