Fact Finder Vs. Flip Chart FE Presentation...

I agree, many new agents do not know or have not been taught how to make a complete presentation. But poor training is not what we are talking about.

During the low point of my career when I was managing new FE agents, the ones that chose not to use the presentation book would do an entirely too long or too short warm up, talk about how expensive funerals are, mention whatever high notes that they could remember, and then give their prospect a rate sheet.

It was sloppy, inconsistent, and only the lay downs were sold.

Using a presentation book helps new agents cut their playbook in half. They only have to remember to find out: F.O.R.M., WHY, WHO, and WHAT, and then get to the presentation book and close.

In addition to helping the agent be more thorough, a presentation book also shows your prospect IN WRITING:

The avg cost of a funeral
Itemized expenses
Possible additional Final Expenses
That rates never go up
That benefits never go down
That benefits begin immediately
That benefits are paid tax free

I never ran an appointment with a newer agent that could remember half of these things without a visual aid, because "they didn't want to be to salesy".

Touche' - I guess a good solution, would be to use a "fact finder" in the beginning - like others have suggested - and then switch over to the presentation book (flip-chart) if warranted.

Touche' - I guess a good solution, would be to use a "fact finder" in the beginning - like others have suggested - and then switch over to the presentation book (flip-chart) if warranted.

Now that we are in agreement I just need to see a picture ID and a voided check :)

Now that we are in agreement I just need to see a picture ID and a voided check :)

- That's a "Good One"
:D
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I can see where some people like to use the visuals a presentation book or flip chart can offer during a FE sale. If used properly a new agent would be able to keep himself/herself organized during the presentation.

I have used both over the years; that is no presentation book and script only. When I first started new agents were responsible to memorize a six page script that covered FE, income protection for spouse and college money for the kids.

Later they company moved to a presentation book on a computer where agents said a few words and hit play. If new agents were left to there own devices they would say nothing allowing the computer to do the work. Bad training in my opinion...what would they do if their computer crashed...pack up and go home?

At the end of the day having a "conversational" presentation is from my experience, the most successful method of sales; this can be accomplished using a script or flip chart/presintation book provided the new agent is trained properly before they give their first presentation.

I concur for the most part; I guess my main point is to not come across as "trying to sell something" as much as possible. If somebody is able to do that using a presentation book or video etc., then more power to them.

Last edited:
- ; I guess my main point is to not come across as "trying to sell something" as much as possible. .

Why the aversion of appearing to trying to sell something? You are supposed to be an insurance "salesman" .. If you can convince people you aren't trying to sell something when you make a presentation to them, then you have idiots for clients because I am fairly certain you aren't Svengali.

You really got this FLIP CHART coming out your ars dont ya.....

Why the aversion of appearing to trying to sell something? You are supposed to be an insurance "salesman" .. If you can convince people you aren't trying to sell something when you make a presentation to them, then you have idiots for clients because I am fairly certain you aren't Svengali.

No aversion, I just feel that when people feel like you are there to try to sell them a policy (not all people, just the ones that are sought of "on the fence") their defenses naturally go up and you start getting a lot of the "let me think about it" or "let me check my budget" etc. replies.

Of course they still know that you are an insurance salesman, but when you get to know them and their individual situations personally through conversation, I feel that they start to see you "in a different light" let and will be more apt to let down their "defenses" and open up to you more.

This helps to build rapport and get them to like you better, and also allows you to find out the real reason why they set up the appointment and are possibly interested in final expense insurance.

- That's a "Good One"
:D
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I concur for the most part; I guess my main point is to not come across as "trying to sell something" as much as possible. If somebody is able to do that using a presentation book or video etc., then more power to them.

Would you care to share in detail the step by step process that you are using , how it differs from those of us that are using a visual aid, and where I am missing sales and coming off as salesy? I need all of the help that I can get.

Would you care to share in detail the step by step process that you are using , how it differs from those of us that are using a visual aid, and where I am missing sales and coming off as salesy? I need all of the help that I can get.

I didn't say that you or that everyone is coming off as salesy. What I said is that a lot (not all) of agents that use a flip chart style presentation- including myself, at one point in time- comes off that way due to the very impersonal nature of flip-chart style presentations.

I'm only giving my opinion, you don't have to agree with me. That's what's good about this forum, people can express their opinions and you will either agree with them or you won't.

Last edited:
I didn't say that you or that everyone is coming off as salesy. What I said that a lot (not all) of agents that use a flip chart style presentation- including myself -at one point in time- comes off that way due to the very impersonal nature of flip-chart style presentations.

I'm only giving my opinion, you don't have to agree with me. That's what's good about this forum, people can express their opinions and you will ever agree with them or you won't.

As long as they're not asking you what you're here to promote?

Back