Family First Life Vs. Equis Financial

Well pardon me... And whom do YOU work for guy....by the way I actually don't like Kool-Aid, I'm more of an Iced tea type of guy.

What I do know is each one of your imo's and insurance companies are losing more clients and losing more agents every week and it's going to get worse and worse.

Keep track of your clients , because we are coming....
I like iced tea too, but I also like root beer Kool-Aid. I wish they still made it. Here's something for you to look at while you sip your iced tea. There's more if you use the search feature on the Forum. Your fearless leader doesn't have a very good reputation. :biggrin:

http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...g-insurance/job-family-first-life-t63345.html I found Post #16 to be very interesting.

http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...n-national-agents-alliance-naa-t4435-151.html Pages 151-156.

I'd like to put out an imperative piece of information.

Out of every single IMO and insurance company in the entire country, family first life is the only company that does not force you to sign a contract. Meaning if you think that the grass is greener at a different company, you have no non-compete restrictions. The majority of your companies that you guys work with have this, and you would not be able to sell for the same insurance carriers that you are contracted with for 24 months. Two of the agents I work with are currently dealing with that BS. And that is a testament to the main business mindset of the company. They would rather "persuade" you to stay under duress and SUE you if you decided to leave then let you leave and go to another company that might be a better fit for you and your family. That's just morally warped.

Tell me one other company that starts their agents at 120%.

I haven't read this whole thread and I'm sure I won't. But I will disagree with this.

EVERY IMO/FMO I've ever worked with in my career - not one ever asked me to sign a contract with them. Nor have I ever had an issue leaving and/or getting a release. I just had to make a move a couple weeks ago with one of my main carriers... and the old IMO said hey we understand and thank you for doing business with us the past several years.

That imperative info has to be something you guys are being spoon fed (my guess is to help recruiting), and unfortunately its 100% wrong.

A what?

Non-solicit who?
Non-compete on what?
Non-disparage?

Mostly they don’t want people talking smack and taking their downline and other FFL agents with them when they see the light.

Mostly they don’t want people talking smack and taking their downline and other FFL agents with them when they see the light.

OMG!

Who would sign that?!?

ad20d735eb8da07845c8268722f252ec.jpg

They build and train a downline and then can’t take them with them? That’s kind of odd. I would think the downline always moves with the agent unless the downline agent chooses not to go with his Upline. And I’m sure that a scumbag agency would approach all the downline agents and try to pitch them to stay.

They build and train a downline and then can’t take them with them? That’s kind of odd. I would think the downline always moves with the agent unless the downline agent chooses not to go with his Upline. And I’m sure that a scumbag agency would approach all the downline agents and try to pitch them to stay.

Oh you have no idea how many of those organizations exist. I have to teach agency managers to wedge out their current upline before speaking to their downline on the regular.

It’s pretty much assumed they will reach down.

If you are referring to Family First Life, you are sorely mistaken guy. FFL agents are free to come and go as they please, there is no contracts. Furthermore, that goes for anyone that they bring on themselves who is considered underneath them.

I am sure that someone on here has experienced a non-compete contract in the past. But it would never be coming from an FFL agent... Period.

If you are referring to Family First Life, you are sorely mistaken guy. FFL agents are free to come and go as they please, there is no contracts. Furthermore, that goes for anyone that they bring on themselves who is considered underneath them.

I am sure that someone on here has experienced a non-compete contract in the past. But it would never be coming from an FFL agent... Period.

Would you like me to post a copy of the contract you have to sign when you request a release from FFL?

Would you like me to post a copy of the contract you have to sign when you request a release from FFL?

Are you trying to say that there are contracts that keep FFL agents from leaving or are you trying to say that if an agent leaves that he\she cannot take their agents with them?! In either case, that is completely FALSE. Not too recently, an agent with about 20 people underneath him left family first life...without a question and without a single Non-compete. Now this agent, thought that the grass was greener at another IMO and worked over there for approximately five months and realized that was FAR from the case...and he recently returned with all but two agents and is writing with us once again without a problem.

To be completely honest I have not read this whole thread because I am genuinely appalled by the way that professionals would speak to one another. However after reading a few comments I would like to point out the fact that I have been with a captive organization which as mentioned above you do not need a release because you are with a captive organization. That alone should make sense to anybody in the industry meaning you work with one carrier and maybe 3 to 5 products there is no need for release. However, if you want to take your agents with you I can promise that is not an easy thing to do as I was legitimately threatened when I left my initial organization. Most captive organizations start you at about a 40% contract level if you are lucky and typically don’t move much higher than 57.5%. Moving on from there I went to another IMO that was mentioned above, yes there was a contract and yes I did sign it. However upon my departure I was told they would not release my contracts and had to wait 6+ months to write most carriers aside from Aig as we all know you can have multiple writing numbers with Aig which was also mentioned above. After leaving this IMO, (having a team of 30+ people) I was ultimately told if I spoke to any of them I would be sued, my people were also told they were not able to reach out to me or they would lose their position and my name was dragged through the mud to say the least. Slander and defamation of character are just the way to be when you leave and IMO that you are signing a contract with. This is a solid “tactic” to make sure your people do not reach out to you, after your upline has had individual conversation with all of them of course. Moving on from there after doing more than enough research I started with FFL. There is not a contract and anybody on here that is saying they are completely independent I am really happy for you but I am also really confused as to why you were even on this forum, as none of this pertains to you, if you do not feel like you want to be a part of an organization and you want to be “independent” and not have any form of up line or system to plug into yes be independent and make your 50% compensation level with each carrier. However, that does not mean you should drag others names through the mud without having factual statements to go off of. Also mentioned above a release form, these are signed and sent off. As I’m sure we all know the insurance carrier needs the release for debt purposes so I am sure we could all start uploading files if that’s the way we really wanted to be. In terms of leads if you are in the insurance industry and you feel like you can’t find leads than that as a you problem. I also do not see why anybody would be bragging that their organization is not big enough to the point that they have to sell to other agents in different IMOs, why would that be a good thing? As I’m sure we have all heard a lead is a lead is a lead. To me it came down to one main thing which was what company is going to pay me the highest compensation level, not lock me into a contract, and treat me like a human being and treat all the other people around me like human beings as well? That’s why I’m here, there is absolutely no reason that this should even be argumentative. This is simply preference and to me no contract, up to 140% + bonus’ and a culture of strong independent individuals that all treat each other like family. You choose what’s best for YOU, be mindful that most people want to know what you can do for THEM verse what they can do for YOU. I wish everyone succes!!

Back