Family First Life Vs. Equis Financial

To be completely honest I have not read this whole thread because I am genuinely appalled by the way that professionals would speak to one another. However after reading a few comments I would like to point out the fact that I have been with a captive organization which as mentioned above you do not need a release because you are with a captive organization. That alone should make sense to anybody in the industry meaning you work with one carrier and maybe 3 to 5 products there is no need for release. However, if you want to take your agents with you I can promise that is not an easy thing to do as I was legitimately threatened when I left my initial organization. Most captive organizations start you at about a 40% contract level if you are lucky and typically don’t move much higher than 57.5%. Moving on from there I went to another IMO that was mentioned above, yes there was a contract and yes I did sign it. However upon my departure I was told they would not release my contracts and had to wait 6+ months to write most carriers aside from Aig as we all know you can have multiple writing numbers with Aig which was also mentioned above. After leaving this IMO, (having a team of 30+ people) I was ultimately told if I spoke to any of them I would be sued, my people were also told they were not able to reach out to me or they would lose their position and my name was dragged through the mud to say the least. Slander and defamation of character are just the way to be when you leave and IMO that you are signing a contract with. This is a solid “tactic” to make sure your people do not reach out to you, after your upline has had individual conversation with all of them of course. Moving on from there after doing more than enough research I started with FFL. There is not a contract and anybody on here that is saying they are completely independent I am really happy for you but I am also really confused as to why you were even on this forum, as none of this pertains to you, if you do not feel like you want to be a part of an organization and you want to be “independent” and not have any form of up line or system to plug into yes be independent and make your 50% compensation level with each carrier. However, that does not mean you should drag others names through the mud without having factual statements to go off of. Also mentioned above a release form, these are signed and sent off. As I’m sure we all know the insurance carrier needs the release for debt purposes so I am sure we could all start uploading files if that’s the way we really wanted to be. In terms of leads if you are in the insurance industry and you feel like you can’t find leads than that as a you problem. I also do not see why anybody would be bragging that their organization is not big enough to the point that they have to sell to other agents in different IMOs, why would that be a good thing? As I’m sure we have all heard a lead is a lead is a lead. To me it came down to one main thing which was what company is going to pay me the highest compensation level, not lock me into a contract, and treat me like a human being and treat all the other people around me like human beings as well? That’s why I’m here, there is absolutely no reason that this should even be argumentative. This is simply preference and to me no contract, up to 140% + bonus’ and a culture of strong independent individuals that all treat each other like family. You choose what’s best for YOU, be mindful that most people want to know what you can do for THEM verse what they can do for YOU. I wish everyone succes!!
Please use paragraphs if you want people to read what you post.. A post this long with no line breaks is hard to read.. :sad:

To be completely honest I have not read this whole thread because I am genuinely appalled by the way that professionals would speak to one another. However after reading a few comments I would like to point out the fact that I have been with a captive organization which as mentioned above you do not need a release because you are with a captive organization. That alone should make sense to anybody in the industry meaning you work with one carrier and maybe 3 to 5 products there is no need for release. However, if you want to take your agents with you I can promise that is not an easy thing to do as I was legitimately threatened when I left my initial organization. Most captive organizations start you at about a 40% contract level if you are lucky and typically don’t move much higher than 57.5%. Moving on from there I went to another IMO that was mentioned above, yes there was a contract and yes I did sign it. However upon my departure I was told they would not release my contracts and had to wait 6+ months to write most carriers aside from Aig as we all know you can have multiple writing numbers with Aig which was also mentioned above. After leaving this IMO, (having a team of 30+ people) I was ultimately told if I spoke to any of them I would be sued, my people were also told they were not able to reach out to me or they would lose their position and my name was dragged through the mud to say the least. Slander and defamation of character are just the way to be when you leave and IMO that you are signing a contract with. This is a solid “tactic” to make sure your people do not reach out to you, after your upline has had individual conversation with all of them of course. Moving on from there after doing more than enough research I started with FFL. There is not a contract and anybody on here that is saying they are completely independent I am really happy for you but I am also really confused as to why you were even on this forum, as none of this pertains to you, if you do not feel like you want to be a part of an organization and you want to be “independent” and not have any form of up line or system to plug into yes be independent and make your 50% compensation level with each carrier. However, that does not mean you should drag others names through the mud without having factual statements to go off of. Also mentioned above a release form, these are signed and sent off. As I’m sure we all know the insurance carrier needs the release for debt purposes so I am sure we could all start uploading files if that’s the way we really wanted to be. In terms of leads if you are in the insurance industry and you feel like you can’t find leads than that as a you problem. I also do not see why anybody would be bragging that their organization is not big enough to the point that they have to sell to other agents in different IMOs, why would that be a good thing? As I’m sure we have all heard a lead is a lead is a lead. To me it came down to one main thing which was what company is going to pay me the highest compensation level, not lock me into a contract, and treat me like a human being and treat all the other people around me like human beings as well? That’s why I’m here, there is absolutely no reason that this should even be argumentative. This is simply preference and to me no contract, up to 140% + bonus’ and a culture of strong independent individuals that all treat each other like family. You choose what’s best for YOU, be mindful that most people want to know what you can do for THEM verse what they can do for YOU. I wish everyone succes!!

What the hell are you talking about?!?

I have not seen 50% in 30+ years. And that was with a protected debit. You are clueless. I hope you do not have a downline.

I am 100% independent. No 'manager' / pimp.

Your management could offer men like me nothing.

What the hell are you talking about?!?

I have not seen 50% in 30+ years. And that was with a protected debit. You are clueless. I hope you do not have a downline.

I am 100% independent. No 'manager' / pimp.

Your management could offer men like me nothing.
As I mentioned I am not here to make anyone feel bad about themselves and wish everyone success. What I am saying is if you have been in the industry independent for 30+ years why are you even looking at this forum? You haven’t worked with either of these organizations if you are 100% independent and completely against IMOs how did you even end up here? And why waste your valuable time posting about 2 organizations you have never been a part of.
My “manager” is by no means my “pimp” as I also work 100% independent and there is not an “abusive” spread. However, I love the culture of the company and the people I get to work along side with plus let’s be honest a bonus &$ never hurt anybody! (Maybe that is just the reason you are so responsive to this forum because you are seeking culture.) I appreciate your feedback and wish you genuine ongoing success!!!

No, Family First Life is an IMO and THROUGH the company itself... That's where we start agents at 100-120%. Vice Presidents bump up to 140%.

Name one IMO that starts their agents at 120%.

bullchit

nobody starts at 120 - especially on FE

They are limited to Final Expense...FFL works with FE, Mortgage Protection, Traditional Term, Universal Life, Index Universal Life, Medical Supplement, and Retirement/Investments. Apples to Pinapples. Much more diverse.

Find out what the average agent over there makes a year, the average FFL agent makes $97,000 a year.

bullchit

Average agent with FFL makes no where near that

As I mentioned I am not here to make anyone feel bad about themselves and wish everyone success. What I am saying is if you have been in the industry independent for 30+ years why are you even looking at this forum? You haven’t worked with either of these organizations if you are 100% independent and completely against IMOs how did you even end up here? And why waste your valuable time posting about 2 organizations you have never been a part of.
My “manager” is by no means my “pimp” as I also work 100% independent and there is not an “abusive” spread. However, I love the culture of the company and the people I get to work along side with plus let’s be honest a bonus &$ never hurt anybody! (Maybe that is just the reason you are so responsive to this forum because you are seeking culture.) I appreciate your feedback and wish you genuine ongoing success!!!

I have been an agent 30plus years. I do not buy leads. I write under many IMOs and direct to several companies. I am sure I could contract under ffl tomorrow at a top contract. But they are not conducive to my business.

They have zero to offer.

Most of what you posted tells me you know nothing of the real world. Who is feeding you this crap? 50% contracts? Captive two years? You guys are delusional. Who the hell writes Americo or MoO TE as a lead product? What are your renewals? You guys are not even getting a gentle reach around.

As other Ffl prospects read this reach out to the agents here and ask questions. Most of us do not recruit so we are not pimps.

If you are referring to Family First Life, you are sorely mistaken guy. FFL agents are free to come and go as they please, there is no contracts. Furthermore, that goes for anyone that they bring on themselves who is considered underneath them.

I am sure that someone on here has experienced a non-compete contract in the past. But it would never be coming from an FFL agent... Period.

You really have no clue

Dude - paragraphs please

Are you trying to say that there are contracts that keep FFL agents from leaving or are you trying to say that if an agent leaves that he\she cannot take their agents with them?! In either case, that is completely FALSE. Not too recently, an agent with about 20 people underneath him left family first life...without a question and without a single Non-compete. Now this agent, thought that the grass was greener at another IMO and worked over there for approximately five months and realized that was FAR from the case...and he recently returned with all but two agents and is writing with us once again without a problem.

I’m saying exactly what I said: that there is a 2 year non-compete, non-solicit, non-disparage included with FFL’s release paperwork.

As Newby has pointed out, there is a silent agreement between IMOs and Carriers. If you want to leave an IMO, they have to grant you a release. FFL makes you sign a nasty agreement on the way out if you’re to receive the release.

It’s really ok that you don’t know about this. If you’ve never tried to leave, you wouldn’t know it exists.

But I talk to about 30-50 agents a week, from all sorts of IMOs and captive companies. I know my competition.

You have seen the microcosm which is FFL and don’t know what else is out there. That’s why everyone is ragging on you. You don’t know what you don’t know.

Now I can post the contract that must be signed if an agent wants to leave FFL if you’d like?

Back