Family First Life Vs. Equis Financial

I’m saying exactly what I said: that there is a 2 year non-compete, non-solicit, non-disparage included with FFL’s release paperwork.

As Newby has pointed out, there is a silent agreement between IMOs and Carriers. If you want to leave an IMO, they have to grant you a release. FFL makes you sign a nasty agreement on the way out if you’re to receive the release.

It’s really ok that you don’t know about this. If you’ve never tried to leave, you wouldn’t know it exists.

But I talk to about 30-50 agents a week, from all sorts of IMOs and captive companies. I know my competition.

You have seen the microcosm which is FFL and don’t know what else is out there. That’s why everyone is ragging on you. You don’t know what you don’t know.

Now I can post the contract that must be signed if an agent wants to leave FFL if you’d like?
Post it and end the argument about it....:yes:

A couple of weeks ago I get one of those blind texts that recruiters spam agents with. Needing agents in my area contracts start at 100 to 140%. Call a number for more info. So I’m curious about who starts new agents at 140 so I call the number. The operator tells me it’s Family First Life but a marketers has to call me back to get the details. I say nope. That’s all I need to know.

So last Saturday night at 9:00 PM a greenhorn recruiter calls me up. Tells me he’s calling from my response to the text which I had long forgotten about. He reminds me it was the one with up to 140% commission. So I say YES I do remember that one.

So I ask which companies they can start agents at 140%. He says well what we do is start you at 80% and build a plan where you work up to the 140%. Or you have to have current production and we can give it to you. How much production did you do last year?

So I tell him, me and my downline agent’s did over 10- million FE production last year (true). So obviously I have higher than 140% with some of my carriers. But not all. So which ones can you do that with? I don’t have 140% with Trinity. Can you give me 140% with Trinity?

This guy had never heard of Trinity. It’s one of the hottest, must-have companies in the business and the Family First Life recruiter has never even heard of them. What about Gerber? I don’t have 140% with Gerber. Is that one you could do? He had heard of Gerber at least. (Gerber contracts don’t go as high as 140 but he has no idea about that. ) He’s going to have to check with his manager about what they can do with 10 million dollar producers.

He’s real excited and wants to call his manager and call me back. I tell him to check how much production I need to get above 140% too. Because all the other recruiters go higher than that for high volume agencies.

So he calls me back. If I can show over 3- million in production that gets me 120% but for more than that the agency owner will have to talk to me. And he wants to. Is it OK if he calls me. Lol. No thanks! 3-million to get a 120? We start new agents at 125% with these same companies that you make them fight for a 120. And why is that? The difference is the clueless middle man that is making these calls at 9:00 on a Saturday night. He has to get a cut. And the guy that recruited him gets a cut. And probably another guy above him.

Those pyramid recruiter agencies are all the same. Puff smoke up newly licensed agents Butts and send them out into the world to try to recruit more pawns in the game.

We all start out green. Many good agents have fallen for these pitches and tactics before they found their way. But this forum has too many knowledgeable gatekeepers that are going to shine light on bullshit.

My advice to the Family First recruiters. You have to go one of two ways on this forum. Tighten up your game and give true honest factual info on your company to compete. (Actual commission grids, not BS. Actual lead costs. Actual facts about how releases work. Etc.) or if you continue on the BS route you have to go underground with the other bottom feeders. You do that with private messages. You just spam new recruits with private messages and that way you can say anything you want and no one will ever call you out on it.

But I really would take a Gerber or Trinity at 140% if you can get that lined up for me.

As I mentioned I am not here to make anyone feel bad about themselves and wish everyone success. What I am saying is if you have been in the industry independent for 30+ years why are you even looking at this forum? You haven’t worked with either of these organizations if you are 100% independent and completely against IMOs how did you even end up here? And why waste your valuable time posting about 2 organizations you have never been a part of.
My “manager” is by no means my “pimp” as I also work 100% independent and there is not an “abusive” spread. However, I love the culture of the company and the people I get to work along side with plus let’s be honest a bonus &$ never hurt anybody! (Maybe that is just the reason you are so responsive to this forum because you are seeking culture.) I appreciate your feedback and wish you genuine ongoing success!!!

I assure you, you are not making anyone feel bad about themselves. Most of us have seen the drivel put out by MLM,s many times in the past and know the truth about those organizations.

We are on the forum because we enjoy being a part of the insurance community. As far as this particular thread, most are posting to keep newbies from being sucked into becoming involved without knowing that much of what is being said is pure hype such as implying that folks start at 120% on all business or that they have to sign a contract with all other IMOs. . It may be a good fit for some but they should at least know all the facts being jumping in.

A couple of weeks ago I get one of those blind texts that recruiters spam agents with. Needing agents in my area contracts start at 100 to 140%. Call a number for more info. So I’m curious about who starts new agents at 140 so I call the number. The operator tells me it’s Family First Life but a marketers has to call me back to get the details. I say nope. That’s all I need to know.

So last Saturday night at 9:00 PM a greenhorn recruiter calls me up. Tells me he’s calling from my response to the text which I had long forgotten about. He reminds me it was the one with up to 140% commission. So I say YES I do remember that one.

So I ask which companies they can start agents at 140%. He says well what we do is start you at 80% and build a plan where you work up to the 140%. Or you have to have current production and we can give it to you. How much production did you do last year?

So I tell him, me and my downline agent’s did over 10- million FE production last year (true). So obviously I have higher than 140% with some of my carriers. But not all. So which ones can you do that with? I don’t have 140% with Trinity. Can you give me 140% with Trinity?

This guy had never heard of Trinity. It’s one of the hottest, must-have companies in the business and the Family First Life recruiter has never even heard of them. What about Gerber? I don’t have 140% with Gerber. Is that one you could do? He had heard of Gerber at least. (Gerber contracts don’t go as high as 140 but he has no idea about that. ) He’s going to have to check with his manager about what they can do with 10 million dollar producers.

He’s real excited and wants to call his manager and call me back. I tell him to check how much production I need to get above 140% too. Because all the other recruiters go higher than that for high volume agencies.

So he calls me back. If I can show over 3- million in production that gets me 120% but for more than that the agency owner will have to talk to me. And he wants to. Is it OK if he calls me. Lol. No thanks! 3-million to get a 120? We start new agents at 125% with these same companies that you make them fight for a 120. And why is that? The difference is the clueless middle man that is making these calls at 9:00 on a Saturday night. He has to get a cut. And the guy that recruited him gets a cut. And probably another guy above him.

Those pyramid recruiter agencies are all the same. Puff smoke up newly licensed agents Butts and send them out into the world to try to recruit more pawns in the game.

We all start out green. Many good agents have fallen for these pitches and tactics before they found their way. But this forum has too many knowledgeable gatekeepers that are going to shine light on bullshit.

My advice to the Family First recruiters. You have to go one of two ways on this forum. Tighten up your game and give true honest factual info on your company to compete. (Actual commission grids, not BS. Actual lead costs. Actual facts about how releases work. Etc.) or if you continue on the BS route you have to go underground with the other bottom feeders. You do that with private messages. You just spam new recruits with private messages and that way you can say anything you want and no one will ever call you out on it.

But I really would take a Gerber or Trinity at 140% if you can get that lined up for me.

There's a reason they don't use Gerber, their policies are subpar to say the least.

I’m saying exactly what I said: that there is a 2 year non-compete, non-solicit, non-disparage included with FFL’s release paperwork.

As Newby has pointed out, there is a silent agreement between IMOs and Carriers. If you want to leave an IMO, they have to grant you a release. FFL makes you sign a nasty agreement on the way out if you’re to receive the release.

It’s really ok that you don’t know about this. If you’ve never tried to leave, you wouldn’t know it exists.

But I talk to about 30-50 agents a week, from all sorts of IMOs and captive companies. I know my competition.

You have seen the microcosm which is FFL and don’t know what else is out there. That’s why everyone is ragging on you. You don’t know what you don’t know.

Now I can post the contract that must be signed if an agent wants to leave FFL if you’d like?

Go ahead... Let's see it boss.

The New England area doesn't use it, we use AIG. Better Guaranteed Product.
When you said, "they don't use it" it appeared you were talking about FFL as a whole not just one region.. I really don't understand if they consider Gerber as being sub-par why they would promote it on their website.. .. After all, if it is sub-par in one region, it is sub-par in all where AIG is available..

Back