FE Agents And Dogs, Cigarette Smoke

"How did you figure out you may not have walked out without assault?" Because the dude was a violent felon, who, in his criminal record, had raped women before. The officer I spoke to told me it was best that I not meet this person privately.
I understand that he had a violent history. I think maybe what @Abrasax is asking is how did you come to know about it in time to avoid walking into his home?

He started texting me at 7:30am. By 8am, he was saying super scary stuff he wanted to do to me, and sending me pictures of himself and his "artwork". I called the Oregon City police at 8:15am. At 8:45am, an Oregon City police officer called me and told me it was best I not meet this man, that he was dangerous and had a record.

Any type of field sales you could be in situations like that and it’s unfortunate that happened. I know quite a few women agents and none I know have had anything like that happy luckily. They do have to take precautions.... they don’t drive out into the middle of nowhere to run leads for single males. Your average woman is physically at a disadvantage to an adult male and I don’t really know that feeling so do whatever makes you comfortable.

I think its a bit unlucky that happened to you so early in your career cause obviously it’s radically changed how you view it all.

He started texting me at 7:30am. By 8am, he was saying super scary stuff he wanted to do to me, and sending me pictures of himself and his "artwork". I called the Oregon City police at 8:15am. At 8:45am, an Oregon City police officer called me and told me it was best I not meet this man, that he was dangerous and had a record.
Meant to quote this...see the post above

Rearden said:

I'd never let my wife sell final expense.

I'm not arguing (I'm female and sell mainly in the field) as I know the risks.

What do you suggest?

Make sure each of your appointments are booked.

Share your route with a loved one or close friend at the beginning of the work week or work day.

In the first few minutes of an appointment make it clear that you just told a friend you are stopping by to see them (the prospect) and that they (your friend) will have to wait for you to call them after your meeting with the prospect.

I might also add you might want to place a tracking app on your phone that others can follow you through out the day. :yes:

Back