FE over the phone stats

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
OH
I am intrested in knowing what is the OTP experience

What is closing % for leads you actually have a conversation with?

What is the charge back % on average ?
(on this one specifically I am info FROM phone sales agents
many face to face guys like to say phone sales charge back 80% of the time)

Can it be profitable calling specifically age no lower then 60 ?

Are eve required to be successful?

What type of leads are you using?

I am intrested in knowing what is the OTP experience

What is closing % for leads you actually have a conversation with?

What is the charge back % on average ?
(on this one specifically I am info FROM phone sales agents
many face to face guys like to say phone sales charge back 80% of the time)

Can it be profitable calling specifically age no lower then 60 ?

Are eve required to be successful?

What type of leads are you using?
You will never get straight answers from agents actually selling FE by phone at this forum. You will hear from marketers. As for charging back 80%. There's no way that's true. They would all be out of business at that rate.

You will never get straight answers from agents actually selling FE by phone at this forum. You will hear from marketers. As for charging back 80%. There's no way that's true. They would all be out of business at that rate.

That's my point but I have been seeing that kind of response from F2F guys about phone sales since 2011

But now I am thinking about doing some different things in the next year, from my Medicare buis, to expand on it and have cross clients, which more ACA and adding FE

I am intrested in knowing what is the OTP experience What is OTP? On the phone?

What is closing % for leads you actually have a conversation with? Depends mostly on the lead type, freshness, exclusivity, and the agent's sales skills via telesales and who trained the agent on FE telesales.

What is the charge back % on average ? Depends on many things. Probably not much difference from face to face.
(on this one specifically I am info FROM phone sales agents ???????
many face to face guys like to say phone sales charge back 80% of the time) If this was true all of the carriers would have stopped telesales by now.

Can it be profitable calling specifically age no lower then 60 ? Yes. If it wasn't profitable all of the carriers would have stopped by now.

Are eve required to be successful? ??????

What type of leads are you using? Live TV transfers...leads just 45 sec old. No wasted time dialing and dialing and hoping someone will pick up the phone just to hear "we already took care of it", "we changed our mind", etc.

Last edited:
Not sure about live transfers, I have a current Medicare book and have done live transfer with Medicare there are issues with that

1 have to be ready and available to pick up cant dial out and sometimes the calls take long before they come in and for this reason can be time consuming

2 as of last year or so the quality is terrible, used to me really great though

I am thinking some mix of internet leads possible mailers, my own Facebook ads or any quality type of data

Sales part I am confident in that, as long as I gain an understanding of the carriers to use, when and why

And the one thing I never really got a grasp on is when to replace, how does that work as far as cash value, how that hurts or benefits

and when to add on to

I need to understand that and I know what I am offering in what situation I can do the sales as well as any

Not sure about live transfers, I have a current Medicare book and have done live transfer with Medicare there are issues with that

1 have to be ready and available to pick up cant dial out and sometimes the calls take long before they come in and for this reason can be time consuming

2 as of last year or so the quality is terrible, used to me really great though

I am thinking some mix of internet leads possible mailers, my own Facebook ads or any quality type of data

Sales part I am confident in that, as long as I gain an understanding of the carriers to use, when and why

And the one thing I never really got a grasp on is when to replace, how does that work as far as cash value, how that hurts or benefits

and when to add on to

I need to understand that and I know what I am offering in what situation I can do the sales as well as any
Your book of business is the place to start . If you do a yearly aep letter put a paragraph how you do final expense / burial ins and how most people have non or too little .. Every client you talk to mention you do final expense / life ins . Your clients you might be able to get some replacemts . Selling leads fe over the phone replacing much harder as you can’t physical see the policy . Also trying to 3 way a company with a stranger on the phone is very tough . All that takes a lot of time and people can easily hang up at any pt .Fe much easier than mapd over the phone as far as persistency.

Your book of business is the place to start . If you do a yearly aep letter put a paragraph how you do final expense / burial ins and how most people have non or too little .. Every client you talk to mention you do final expense / life ins . Your clients you might be able to get some replacemts . Selling leads fe over the phone replacing much harder as you can’t physical see the policy . Also trying to 3 way a company with a stranger on the phone is very tough . All that takes a lot of time and people can easily hang up at any pt .Fe much easier than mapd over the phone as far as persistency.

Ive done 3 ways before, used to be that way with MA,

When I worked at a brokerage in 2006 or 07 we were doing Humana MA, they had a LONG 3way where they would be on with a Humana rep for enrollment

One guy when the Humana rep had him on hold said some bad thing and got his appointment termed because it was recorded

But I did it also with Medsupp underwriting equitable used to have where you 3 way for underwriting call when you do app

I've done it on some term life policies I did when I worked at the brokerage

its really not that hard

Also I do not want to be doing this AEP not even a little
If I do a little now before AEP maybe but def probably will be adding this and some ACA advertising next year targeting 60-65 to bring in Medicare clients as they age in

Also I want call leads before clients for 3 reasons

1 I want to start in my home state so I don't have a million carriers to get used to right away, and when I get a handle on that I will add states, My clients are in many states

2 I want to get comfortable in quoting and presenting before speaking to people I already have a relationship with,

3 One of the issues I have is my book is aging they are many in their 80's might be too late? However I would know more once I am in the game a bit
There are a good amount in mid 70s too. But still I want to make my mistakes with people I don't already have a relationship with

.Fe much easier than mapd over the phone as far as persistency.

What does this mean just as far as persistency? because MA persistency is good that is encouraging

Ive done 3 ways before, used to be that way with MA,

When I worked at a brokerage in 2006 or 07 we were doing Humana MA, they had a LONG 3way where they would be on with a Humana rep for enrollment

One guy when the Humana rep had him on hold said some bad thing and got his appointment termed because it was recorded

But I did it also with Medsupp underwriting equitable used to have where you 3 way for underwriting call when you do app

I've done it on some term life policies I did when I worked at the brokerage

its really not that hard

Also I do not want to be doing this AEP not even a little
If I do a little now before AEP maybe but def probably will be adding this and some ACA advertising next year targeting 60-65 to bring in Medicare clients as they age in

Also I want call leads before clients for 3 reasons

1 I want to start in my home state so I don't have a million carriers to get used to right away, and when I get a handle on that I will add states, My clients are in many states

2 I want to get comfortable in quoting and presenting before speaking to people I already have a relationship with,

3 One of the issues I have is my book is aging they are many in their 80's might be too late? However I would know more once I am in the game a bit
There are a good amount in mid 70s too. But still I want to make my mistakes with people I don't already have a relationship with
I'd suggest buying this. On Amazon for about 8 bucks.

Plenty of good ideas.

Attachments

• gsmedicare.jpg
    gsmedicare.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 20
Back