Final Expense Direct

I recommend talking to both Digital BGA and David Dufford if you are in Final Expense. This will give you a much better idea of the positives and negatives of all your contracting and lead generation options.
I haven't checked out David Dufford.

Digital BGA definitely seems to have a great set up for agents but their TV inbound lead cost is $85... - 4-5 leads a day can easily run you around $8400 a month.....

With final expense direct - it's $27 a month for their inbound. Although the quality may not be as good (they use other mediums besides TV) - they claim agents are closing around 15%.

The math seems to be in favor for Final Expense Direct.

I'm curious to hear from anyone who's worked for them if they can speak to Final Expense Direct's close ratio on their leads.

If you are stuck on lead cost probably Dufford would be better choice for you. However, the lead cost is nearly irrelevant in the Final expense business. I would pay $250 per lead if it meant they were high intent and ready to buy. I could close 90% of them. SO thats 10 leads a week I would be out $2500 and make about $9000 in sales assuming I am an average closer. You actually make more over time because of spousal sales and other cross sales and also your case rate will reach over $1200 over time. $20 dollar lead is usually you call 10 of them and one will pick up. $2 dollar old facebook lead requires stamina of calling 200 times a day and receiving F&*( you on a daily basis. $85 lead is not perfect either because you will have people watch the commercial and call to complain about their spouses or their neighbor. WHo is going to train you, who is going to mentor you, who is going to go over you calls and identify your weakness. It takes time to develop closing skills. Your decision should involve these factors. Also most people not naturally fit for telesales. Face to face is easier, more natural. You have to be coachable for success in telesales.

I haven't checked out David Dufford.

Digital BGA definitely seems to have a great set up for agents but their TV inbound lead cost is $85... - 4-5 leads a day can easily run you around $8400 a month.....

With final expense direct - it's $27 a month for their inbound. Although the quality may not be as good (they use other mediums besides TV) - they claim agents are closing around 15%.

The math seems to be in favor for Final Expense Direct.

I'm curious to hear from anyone who's worked for them if they can speak to Final Expense Direct's close ratio on their leads.

To give you some more info to consider, Senior Life Ins. Co.'s live inbound TV transfers are only $66 each. They have both English and Spanish available. Live inbound TV transfers are available from 8am est to 11pm est Mon thru Thurs, and 9am est to 6pm est on Fri and Sat. Agents select the times they wish to work, there's no micro managing.

There is no 3rd party interference, it's just the agent and Ms. Jones from "hello" to "good bye". No docu sign, mailing out applications, etc because a recorded voice signature is used to keep things simple. We were the first group in the country to start doing FE telesales way back in 2004. I'd be willing to bet we have the simplest FE teleales platform of anyone and would be happy to compare.

The closing % on inbound live TV transfers is definitely way above 15%. If the closing % was 15% or less, then live inbound TV transfers would have ended because with a 15% closing % and a $66 lead cost agents would not make any $$$ and this platform would have ended.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
If you are stuck on lead cost probably Dufford would be better choice for you. However, the lead cost is nearly irrelevant in the Final expense business. I would pay $250 per lead if it meant they were high intent and ready to buy. I could close 90% of them. SO thats 10 leads a week I would be out $2500 and make about $9000 in sales assuming I am an average closer. You actually make more over time because of spousal sales and other cross sales and also your case rate will reach over $1200 over time. $20 dollar lead is usually you call 10 of them and one will pick up. $2 dollar old facebook lead requires stamina of calling 200 times a day and receiving F&*( you on a daily basis. $85 lead is not perfect either because you will have people watch the commercial and call to complain about their spouses or their neighbor. WHo is going to train you, who is going to mentor you, who is going to go over you calls and identify your weakness. It takes time to develop closing skills. Your decision should involve these factors. Also most people not naturally fit for telesales. Face to face is easier, more natural. You have to be coachable for success in telesales.

To give you some more info to consider, Senior Life Ins. Co.'s live inbound TV transfers are only $66 each. They have both English and Spanish available. Live inbound TV transfers are available from 8am est to 11pm est Mon thru Thurs, and 9am est to 6pm est on Fri and Sat. Agents select the times they wish to work, there's no micro managing.

There is no 3rd party interference, it's just the agent and Ms. Jones from "hello" to "good bye". No docu sign, mailing out applications, etc because a recorded voice signature is used to keep things simple. We were the first group in the country to start doing FE telesales way back in 2004. I'd be willing to bet we have the simplest FE teleales platform of anyone and would be happy to compare.

The closing % on inbound live TV transfers is definitely way above 15%. If the closing % was 15% or less, then live inbound TV transfers would have ended because with a 15% closing % and a $66 lead cost agents would not make any $$$ and this platform would have ended.

Hope this helps.
What contract percentage do you start your agents on for the $66 lead?

Back