Final Expense Leads

I tried to buy some TV leads but I can't get anyone to call me back or
the companies can't fill orders.

Datalot was a trainwreck. Sure you can find some nuggets in any lead source.(I did sell a few) However, impossible to control the call volume. I sat for hours idle without calls which is a complete waste of time. Plus, paying $50.00 for mobile click to call FE lead doesn't work for me. 70 percent of my leads were click to call and 30 percent actually filled something out online. 1/2 my sales were direct express also.

I guess my next question would be retention. Seems like you would loose a ton of business in year or two cycle.
Depends on the agent.
I have an agent that hasn't worked in a year due to marriage, pregnancy and a new baby. She was submitting 20-25k a month. Last I checked her 13 month persistence was 76%. In my opinion that is very respectable for f2f or telesales.

Datalot was a trainwreck. Sure you can find some nuggets in any lead source.(I did sell a few) However, impossible to control the call volume. I sat for hours idle without calls which is a complete waste of time. Plus, paying $50.00 for mobile click to call FE lead doesn't work for me. 70 percent of my leads were click to call and 30 percent actually filled something out online. 1/2 my sales were direct express also.

Do you have any idea of the traffic sources (Search, PPC, Social) Datalot were using? It seems to me you should consult with some local SEO/PPC agencies and see what they can put together for you.

I believed this would be a huge issue before I jumped into telesales. Way more people are willing to give than not if you present yourself and the company properly.
There will always be someone who won't (which had only happened to me 1x f2f) but the numbers work themselves out.

I've been doing FE tele-sales since 2005. I agree 100%. Certain phrases are more effective than others. And you will need a longer warm up than face 2 face sales if you are dialing the lead, unless you are working live transfer TV leads.

For ex.: NEVER say "we'll take it out of your bank on the 3rd of each month". If you say this, some of your sold will all of a sudden start to back pedal and say something like "we are going to need to think about this" or "my daughter told me to never give my banking info over the phone", etc.

ALWAYS say "Ms. Jones, they'll just send this to your bank for you on the 3rd of each month...that's what everyone else does".

Do you ever encounter any reluctance from your prospects about giving out their personal information (SSN, banking info, medical history, etc.) on the phone? I mean, from their perspective, you're just a voice on a phone claiming to be an insurance agent, and the senior crowd has been so drilled not to fall for phone scams.

Not implying you're scamming anyone, of course. I'm just surprised you don't get more resistance on that point.
Sure about 1% of the time I can't over come it. It is all about the script and how you build trust thru out the script, that is why I use a frontier also it helps build an extra layer of trust.

I guess my next question would be retention. Seems like you would loose a ton of business in year or two cycle.
Nope not really it is all about the script, building trust, and NOT selling people. My 13mth persistency is 78% to 79% with all companies, all the other ratios are golden enough to win every trip I choose to go after.

Nope not really it is all about the script, building trust, and NOT selling people. My 13mth persistency is 78% to 79% with all companies, all the other ratios are golden enough to win every trip I choose to go after.

Those are pretty good numbers! With AmAm, our quality of business is actually higher than what they are experiencing face to face. On a macro level, its because of the total amount of agents that fail out of the business and dont service their clients that is the biggest problem they face.

Great concept! Why not just have them make the sale and LOA them?
For the same reason every other indy or company fails at telesales. It would be a few paragraphs to explain. In short I would then need 2 to 3 frontiers per LOA agent etc etc, and I don't want to turn this into a telesales shop. I enjoy my time off I work Monday thru Thursday 9am to 4:30pm during that time I do what I want because all I am waiting for is deals, so as long as I have my laptop, iPad, phone etc, I am g2g. I write 4 to 8 deals per week and my costs are low. (yes with 3 guys we only write 4 to 8 deals per week) Side note my ROI is huge. You need to understand we don't sell people, se don't do DE or Guarantee Issue, it is bank draft or nothing. It is a different way of thinking, I don't care about the upfront I only care about the backend.

Back