Final Expense Telesales

How many people new to the insurance game has 500 bucks to buy leads each week??
I would think very few.
Most people would run the other way.

You're right...if they can't invest $$$ in their biz they should run the other way.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Selling FE over the phone is da bomb!! I wish every FE agent in the country would rush into that speacial deal.

Just because you failed at it doesn't mean others fail. (Yet some do fail and some do succeed).

Last edited:
I think someone would have to have a number of years under their belt, before they start throwing dollars around like monopoly money.
I feel sorry for the rookie, thinking all they have to do is throw 2k out into the wind, get some training, and they will be making 12-15k per month.

I think someone would have to have a number of years under their belt, before they start throwing dollars around like monopoly money.
I feel sorry for the rookie, thinking all they have to do is throw 2k out into the wind, get some training, and they will be making 12-15k per month.

If you don't have fresh leads, along with good training, all that's left is cold-calling. 80%+ agents fail their 1st yr., probably because of lack of leads, lack of training. This is a BUSINESS. Successful business owners always re-invest back into their business. I bought leads my 2nd week in this biz. (1st week was being trained), and that was 11 yrs. ago. The only time I don't buy leads is if I'm on vacation, etc. All successful producers work leads....dir. mail, internet, orphaned, TV, etc.

Please tell....how do you find people to sell to if you don't use leads? I'm assuming you write 5+ policies per week on ave.
If you only write 0-2 policies per week no need to respond.

Last edited:
You're right...if they can't invest $$$ in their biz they should run the other way.

Just because you failed at it doesn't mean others fail. (Yet some do fail and some do succeed).

I never failed at it, clown. But, why are you so mad? I'm recruiting for you. Get on the bandwagon FE agents. Sit at home in your underwear and make big money. No more windshield time, no more no shows. Hell, you don't even have to have E&O. Save that $500 and use it on leads. By golly, you could buy a whole week of leads with that E&O money.

You will never have to leave your house except to spend all your money.

Just call Greg at BR-549 and start shilling, er, I mean selling today!!

I never failed at it, clown. But, why are you so mad? I'm recruiting for you. Get on the bandwagon FE agents. Sit at home in your underwear and make big money. No more windshield time, no more no shows. Hell, you don't even have to have E&O. Save that $500 and use it on leads. By golly, you could buy a whole week of leads with that E&O money.

You will never have to leave your house except to spend all your money.

Just call Greg at BR-549 and start shilling, er, I mean selling today!!

Word on the street is you failed with it. Just because it was not a good match for you doesn't mean others don't succeed with tele-sales. Otherwise, how you been doing, JD?

Word on the street is you failed with it. Just because it was not a good match for you doesn't mean others don't succeed with tele-sales. Otherwise, how you been doing, JD?

"Word on the street'? What street, Sesame Street? :laugh:

The way that word would be out there is because you put it there. I have never done phone sales and won't. The reason I won't is because it's not an effective way to do business. . I looked into it because it would be an easy way to to do FE. I actually did quite a bit of research on it and found that the average telemarketer for FE made less than $25,000/yr after lead costs. I also found that 60% persistancy was the norm.

There is a guy that posts right here on the forums that left EFES to start his own telesales marketing group for FE. He was quite successful at it for a little while. The lead costs and the low persistancy rates was killing off his agents. He moved away from it into med sup sales and is doing quite well now.

That's how it is and you know it. You, apparently, have been using that line that I failed at it when you are questioned on what I post here. That dog won't hunt.

How do I know that you know the real stroy? All one has to do is google your phone number and see all the places you are trying to recruit for telemarketers. If this was such a good deal, you wouldn't have a revolving door for agents.

But, I digress. I know that there is big money in FE telesales, huge money in fact. That lead company that gets $25,000/yr from agents is making a killing. The companie that keep the agents commission after they wash out of your system are making huge money.

Still, I'm on your side. I hope you can recruit every FE agent in western Ky and southern In. to telemarketing. I truly wish you success with that. Please work on Newby. He can't see the light of your system yet, but, maybe with a little encouragement from you, Newby would join your team.

There is a guy from Louisville, Ky that's been coming over this way. I'll to talk to him for you and se if can't him on the telemarketing bandwagon. He is selling Oxford and Settlers now, he needs to get away from that cheap ass stuff. There is a guy in Owensboro, Ky that's also selling Oxford, Settlers and Homesteaders. I'll encourage him to get on the phone. But, start with Newby. He is higher volumen than those guys.

Keep recruiting all these agents to FE telemarketing. I truly wish you good luck on that endeavor.:yes:

I will probably regret asking you this, but how would you feel about bringing one of your people who are fairly new ot the business, say 6 months or so in, and getting them to share their story here?

I know this will leave room for inflation of numbers, but it would be interesting for somebody to give their account of how things went for them - the good, the bad, and the ugly. And they would need to understand that people here will sniff out bs.

I will probably regret asking you this, but how would you feel about bringing one of your people who are fairly new ot the business, say 6 months or so in, and getting them to share their story here?

I know this will leave room for inflation of numbers, but it would be interesting for somebody to give their account of how things went for them - the good, the bad, and the ugly. And they would need to understand that people here will sniff out bs.

What good would that do? If someone averages 4k/week some people here will shout "liar". You'd have no way to really know the exact figures unless you were involved with our group.

Didn't I give you Scott's number twice in the last 6 mos. to talk with? Ask him about the weekly leaders in production. He'll tell you. Ask him about Eugene P., Charlie S., Bobby R., Joey F., Greg H., etc., etc., etc. There's usually 5-10 agents per week who will write 6K+ in that one week.

I personally don't want anyone on my team to be around all the negativity on this forum (not good for sales..you understand that right?). Heck, they might do like I do sometimes...spend too much time talking to you and JDeasy when I should be talking to another lead.

Come up here to Raleigh, NC and spend 5 days w/ me. If I don't write 7k (all on the phone) I'll reimburse you your plane ticket and pay for your motel. And I'll use no more than 40 leads to do this. Or go down to Albany, Ga. or Thomasville, Ga. (will need prior approval for this) and watch someone write $8k-$10k in 5 days or less, all using tele-sales.

This way ACTIONS speak louder than words that are posted on this forum.

Latest posts

Back