FMO That is a Good Partner

In case nobody has mentioned it -- I strongly advise you to stay away from Amerilife. They have ripped me off several ways. On one contract, they didn't pay me my commissions (some companies pay through the FMO). On another, they offered me one commission scale when enticing me to contract with them, but substituted a lower commission scale when forwarding the paperwork on to the insurance company. You will find numerous other posts on here about Amerilife, virtually none of them positive.

In case nobody has mentioned it -- I strongly advise you to stay away from Amerilife. They have ripped me off several ways. On one contract, they didn't pay me my commissions (some companies pay through the FMO). On another, they offered me one commission scale when enticing me to contract with them, but substituted a lower commission scale when forwarding the paperwork on to the insurance company. You will find numerous other posts on here about Amerilife, virtually none of them positive.

I hear they like to release.:twitchy:

I hear they like to release.:twitchy:

You had to be laughing as you posted that message . . . I had to write directly to one insurer and cancel my contract (Amerilife wouldn't do it), then wait 18 months, and re-contract through an honest FMO. I was willing to go without access to a good product rather than deal with the crooks at Amerilife. (18 months was the carriers waiting period to re-contract without a release.) For the other carriers, they became non-competitive and thus cancelling contracts was a non-issue.

For the uniformed out there, from all indications, Amerilife refuses to release anyone for any reason whatsoever. I hear they won't even release a dead man so his estate can be settled, but that's just a rumor that surely can't be true.

Of course, the above is simply the opinion of the poster. I've been asking Amerilife to file a lawsuit against me for the things I have posted over the years . . . . 10 years and still no lawsuit. They know that the truth is an absolute defense to any allegation of libel/slander, and they would hate to be embarrassed by having to pay my legal fees for filing a frivolous suit. That said, I don't think Amerilife has any shame.

You had to be laughing as you posted that message . . . I had to write directly to one insurer and cancel my contract (Amerilife wouldn't do it), then wait 18 months, and re-contract through an honest FMO. I was willing to go without access to a good product rather than deal with the crooks at Amerilife. (18 months was the carriers waiting period to re-contract without a release.) For the other carriers, they became non-competitive and thus cancelling contracts was a non-issue.

For the uniformed out there, from all indications, Amerilife refuses to release anyone for any reason whatsoever. I hear they won't even release a dead man so his estate can be settled, but that's just a rumor that surely can't be true.

Of course, the above is simply the opinion of the poster. I've been asking Amerilife to file a lawsuit against me for the things I have posted over the years . . . . 10 years and still no lawsuit. They know that the truth is an absolute defense to any allegation of libel/slander, and they would hate to be embarrassed by having to pay my legal fees for filing a frivolous suit. That said, I don't think Amerilife has any shame.

Yes, I was joking. There was a thread about Amerilife not releasing started by a hypocrite on the Forum. He was crying and throwing a hissy fit. He ended up getting his release...then just recently, he refused to release another Forum member. The gall of some people that have double standards!!!:mad:

Yes, I was joking. There was a thread about Amerilife not releasing started by a hypocrite on the Forum. He was crying and throwing a hissy fit. He ended up getting his release...then just recently, he refused to release another Forum member. The gall of some people that have double standards!!!:mad:

Yea he said he would release me several Monday's ago and I've yet to see it :)

Good thing I can live without it unlike him!

Yes, hypocrites are aplenty.

What company makes you wait 18 months? Just curious.

I had a bad experience with Amerilife also. It took me over 2 years to be released from Humana. I did not even know I was still appointed with them until I tried to appoint with another company. I had to request from the carrier and wait 365 days before release.

After reading a lot of conversations here on this subject, I think my decision will be Agent Pipeline for Medicare and FEX for FE.

I want to be free to do as I want.. work as little or as much as I want. This is my license and I do not want anyone telling me where to go, who to talk to, when to show up for mandatory meetings or have any quotas.

Before I take the plunge, does anyone have anything to add? Any words of wisdom either way?

Back