Full Color Med Sup Mailer with Graphics

azmedsupagent

Guru
100+ Post Club
Has anyone tried doing a med sup business reply card that isnt just your standard run of the mill black and white post card? In arizona t65 seniors get tons of these things every day that all look the same. Why isnt anyone sending out a direct mail piece that is cleverly designed in full color with tastefull graphics. Ofcourse the wording all needs to be cms approved but other than that why is everyone just sending out the same basic card that every other agent in the country is sending?

Any thoughts?

Has anyone tried doing a med sup business reply card that isnt just your standard run of the mill black and white post card? In arizona t65 seniors get tons of these things every day that all look the same. Why isnt anyone sending out a direct mail piece that is cleverly designed in full color with tastefull graphics. Ofcourse the wording all needs to be cms approved but other than that why is everyone just sending out the same basic card that every other agent in the country is sending?

Any thoughts?

When I worked for major carriers they would do huge and expensive mailers only to get dismal results. Generic usually work much better.

When I worked for major carriers they would do huge and expensive mailers only to get dismal results. Generic usually work much better.

was it a mailer designed only to generate a request for information or was it a mailer that gave too much information and only gave a phone number for them to call? I know aarp sends huge brochures that are mainly just informational, im sure something like that would be terrible for generating a request for more information.

Im thinking of something that says basically the same thing as those generic cards, giving them just enough information to know they need to request more of it by completing and returning the card. Im just going to present it in a way that stands out from the sea of generic black n white post cards.:GEEK:

was it a mailer designed only to generate a request for information or was it a mailer that gave too much information and only gave a phone number for them to call? I know aarp sends huge brochures that are mainly just informational, im sure something like that would be terrible for generating a request for more information.

They tried both. They were fine with it because it helped "get their message out there", but for an agent to do it the ROI would be horrifically expensive. We're talking less than 0.3% response rate.

That was just their experience though. That's part of the reason why many carriers love their broker distribution channels and would rather foster those relationships, because carriers generally suck at marketing.

Plus, the dismal results probably had a lot to do with the fact that the major carriers send out branded mailers. Ive found that people really enjoy the concept of recieving "unbiased" general information instead of just info on one company's plans. Just at thought...

I had figured the same thing about the cost but i found that I can do a 5.5 x 8 inch perforated folded, full color business reply card for about 50 cents a piece including the mailing list. I was paying about 45 cents a piece with the mail house I had been using before so I figured why not try it. I have seen my reponse rates drop over the years with those generic cards as the med sup market becomes more saturated. I decided that my marketing materials needed to evolve a bit
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Here is what the card is going to say.

You are currently within you Medicare initial enrollment period. If you are like most people, you've got questions about your medicare plan choices. It is important that you are well informed. The right choice could save you hundreds per year!

To recieve free unbiased information on the available plans in your area, complete and return the attached postage paid medicare supplement inquiry card within 5 days.

So you see this is almost exactly what most of those generic cards say. Im just going to spice it up with some color and design elements to stand out from the crowd.

Last edited:
I know an American woman off of Odesk that does nice design work for mailers. She did my mailer...thinking about posting it on here.

Do it! Or at least send me a copy and tell me I can offer it to folks, [email protected].

I'm going to be offering Reardon's card, probably by the end of next week. It would be cool to have a collection of them going.

Back