Got No Clue On Website Stuff !!

G

OK, I used to have the cheappy godaddy site, I sent a webbuilder in my networking group a large referral, so as payback, he is making me a new wordpress site, should up active tomorrow,

What do I need to do with it, I have no clue on website stuff.

What do you want this new website to do?
Will it act as a landing page for credibility?
Do you want it to generate leads?
Will it be interactive for those who visit it?

Let us know what you want to achieve with the site and then I'm sure we can help.

OK, I used to have the cheappy godaddy site, I sent a webbuilder in my networking group a large referral, so as payback, he is making me a new wordpress site, should up active tomorrow,

RBA, i can help you with this if you need help. i am a web designer and use wordpress a lot. Let me know what you need to know and ill try to answer them for you.

Also is he designing you the site or just giving you the backend and you have to set it up

I want it for leads,

He is designing it and then giving it to me so I can make changes and stuff....

I guess the only thing you need to do is promote it online and the leads should auto goto your email. I'm not sure if he is going to do seo for you takes a lot of work.

Try buying adwords, ad space, wordpress plugins andmake sure the permalinks are seo friendly

.. unless you have a clear plan, buying adwords ads will lose money just slightly slower than burning it.

Red,

Get some 3rd party software to capture and generate leads if you want automation. If not you can use a quote form or carrier links. These days the market is driven by accessibility though. I think the quote engine would be a perfect fit for you.

I used xsitepro2 to make most of my websites like www.rosenthalfiles.com It is very easy to use. You can add video and audio and do just about anything.

It is like ms word. Very easy to add pics and links and stuff. WHen you are done, you just tell it your ftp acct info and it will upload your website.

It has a ton of options.

CLick Here to see the video on the software.

H46AC Discount Code will give you 15% off.​

I just bought a cheapy GoDaddy site and even setting that up has me lost. The dog is just too old. Just need a good landing page that will link to further info - HELP!!

Brother, I am like you... too d@mned old for learnin too many new tricks (like f*in around with building websites). I've been the godaddy route myself with no success, and that is supposed to be rather simple to do... but more like chinese arithmetic to me.

I have avoided getting saddled with a monthly cost for a website... until recently. I decided to take the plunge on agentmethods.com Even that initially seemed daunting, but they offer telephone support and training (thanks Dvora) and really get you past these hurdles FAST. So now one week in, I am nearly a 100% convert of the approach for old dogs like me, of purchasing a template site and just going with it. Nearly finished customizing the site and it is getting easier and easier with each day going by... (thanks again Dvora).

I've got no financial interest in recommending agentmethods but this has been a very positive experience for me... and I suspect if other sites frustrate you like godaddy, you would agree that the template approach is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better of an option.

Back