Got No Clue On Website Stuff !!

Hi Red,

Here's a little different take on your website question...

To us, insurance is still a relationship business based on trust and confidence. After all, you can't wear, drink, or drive insurance. Policyholders trust that the agent or company, or both, are going to be there when needed.

To us, the Internet is a relationship building (lead generation) tool - the larger Internet - web sites, social media, blogs and on and on. If this relationship building tool is going to work for you, it has to be effective as a conversation starter. It has to demonstrate your expertise and leadership. It has to show how you are different from your competitors.

No small task, but it can be done.

Yes, the particular tools are important, be it Wordpress, or xsitepro, or agentmethods. But when the day is done, the tools are just another medium for you to leverage your sales skills, not unlike a chamber of commerce meeting or trade show.

Try this - think about your web site, and the Internet, as a sales channel, and think about your sales style and sales skills first. Think about how you do a good job for your customers. Then, think about how to use the software to leverage your strengths. My guess is that you will end up with a much stronger (lead generating) web site.

Hope this helps.

blackstoneandrivers.com

I used xsitepro2 to make most of my websites like www.rosenthalfiles.com It is very easy to use. You can add video and audio and do just about anything.

It is like ms word. Very easy to add pics and links and stuff. WHen you are done, you just tell it your ftp acct info and it will upload your website.

It has a ton of options.

CLick Here to see the video on the software.

H46AC Discount Code will give you 15% off.​
If GoDaddy is hosting can I create using XSite and then upload to GoDaddy??

I used xsitepro2 to make most of my websites like

It would not work for me at the home page:
Website Design Software (XSitePro) using Chrome or Firefox on the iMac. None of the links along top and down side worked (home, feathers, testimonials, etc.)

Button02.jpg
Button03.jpg

Not sure what I'm missing here. Maybe it only works with IE?

It would not work for me at the home page:
Website Design Software (XSitePro) using Chrome or Firefox on the iMac. None of the links along top and down side worked (home, feathers, testimonials, etc.)

Button02.jpg
Button03.jpg

Not sure what I'm missing here. Maybe it only works with IE?

I use IE and Windows.

I found this on their website.

Below you will see a recommended system specification for running XSitePro 2 on your computer. You may find that you can in fact run XSitePro 2 on a lesser-specification PC, but for optimal performance the below specification is recommended.
blackorange.gif
Windows XP, Vista, or 7
blackorange.gif
1GB RAM or greater
blackorange.gif
1Ghz processor or faster
blackorange.gif
300MB of free hard drive space
blackorange.gif
Internet Explorer 6.0 or above
blackorange.gif
Internet connection
windows_logo.jpg
XSitePro 2 is designed to run on Microsoft WindowsTM, including Windows 7 32&64bit operating systems.
You can run XSitePro on a MAC if you have installed a Windows environment - you can use Parallels or VMWare Fusion to do this.
Parallels is available here:
http://www.parallels.com/
VMWare Fusion is available here:
http://www.vmware.com/products/fusion/
We have tested both of these applications in our office and can confirm that XSitePro runs perfectly.

CLick Here to see the video on the software.

H46AC Discount Code will give you 15% off.​

OK, I can see where their code generation engine will only work under Windows. But they should at LEAST have their website work with ALL browsers.

What it looks to me is that if you generate your website with this engine, it will only work with IE? Well, obviously not because Mark's site works fine on Mac/Firefox.

Folks, there are tons and tons of website code generators out there. If you use one and like it... fine. But I think a better choice is to use a "content manager" like Wordpress or Drupal, Joom, because these are already web-based... as well as supported by zillions of people who help debug them and add to them via the open-source paradigm.

And honestly, there is nothing to putting up a site with Wordpress if you follow their instructions. Mine went up in 4 hours... 10 minutes to install the thing on my server and 3 hours and 50 minutes to write the content.

There is a reason why these (PHP based) content managers are so popular... because they work and they are easy.... and they are FREE!

YMMV.

Al
My website.

Most web hosts, godaddy included, have fantastico or something like it that will install wordpress or drupal for you, and from that point all you have to do is use the built in content management system.

My website is used to link blue cross clients to apply online. I do not get leads from it. Maybe it can be worked for the future.

Back