Help. AHIP Question

Im 82 years old and legally blind. Imagine doing this bullshit every year to try to keep my retirement. People get disabled when they get older and cannot do all this anymore. Now what? Forfeit all my hard work for CMS and in-house agents?

I've thought of this before. Honestly, what if I'm in an accident and many cognitive abilities are lost, or what if (like you said), vision is severely damaged or gone? It's absolutely ridiculous to have the fate of our entire income depend upon some poorly written, unethical scam test, EVERY YEAR. In the coming years, we will need to make our voices loud in this one.

As epidemic numbers of Seniors go onto Medicare, we now have more power than ever. And that's not to even mention that health insurance agents are at epidemic lows, due to older agents retiring and Millennials viewing the industry as "boring," and wanting no part of it. This is something we need to leverage in our favor.

I called and respectfully made my opinion known. As they say, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.....

Contact Us - About Us - AHIP

P.S. Sorry to hear about your eye condition. Have you ever tried Lutein or Zeaxanthin supplements? The eye is mainly composed of these two nutrients. It might be of some help.

Last edited:
Legally blind bud. Ur day is coming. Enjoy ur health while u have it. But I would be careful at demeaning others in the mean time bc it comes bak full force in life. Guaranteed u and Trump make a nice couple.
I thought you were kidding because you've made sarcastic posts before.

I apologize about that, :yes:

I've thought of this before. Honestly, what if I'm in an accident and many cognitive abilities are lost, or what if (like you said), vision is severely damaged or gone? It's absolutely ridiculous to have the fate of our entire income depend upon some poorly written, unethical scam test, EVERY YEAR. In the coming years, we will need to make our voices loud in this one.

As epidemic numbers of Seniors go onto Medicare, we now have more power than ever. And that's not to even mention that health insurance agents are at epidemic lows, due to older agents retiring and Millennials viewing the industry as "boring," and wanting no part of it. This is something we need to leverage in our favor.

I called and respectfully made my opinion known. As they say, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.....

P.S. Sorry to hear about your eye condition. Have you ever tried Lutein or Zeaxanthin supplements? The eye is mainly composed of these two nutrients. It might be of some help.

Gloacoma is non reversible. I have taken alot of flack here without disclosing my heath situation. Its amazing how the perspective changes with folks when they get a real life story where hard working folks get screwed by nonsensical govt red tape. A family member has ALS in the same boat. How does AHIP CMS and carriers revoke renewals when some get sick literally unable to move their arms. Fortunately, I can still see a screen but it’s exhausting. People here boasting about passing AHIP in 1 hour makes me want to puke. Everyone time is coming. These requirements need to change when one retires and disabled. Anything else is unacceptable. Many Young wet behind the ears pumpers of MAPD are going to have a train wreck experience either by their own declining heath or product stripped out from under them.

Squeaky wheel is gettn louder.

Last edited:
I got 90 this year. Worst I've ever done. I only sell Part D. No MA in my county. Seemed like AHIP was 85% MA questions.

Not only can u lose all ur hard work of Part D due to AHIP failure, but now many carriers give only 3 chances on product passing grads. Us retirees and disabled are being pushed out of our renewals. Many give up which gives more $$ to the carrier. Pretty sad that a test dictates whether ur 25 years of hard work gets paid to you as they trick up the questions and requirements each and every year for renewals. Criminal

Only thing I don’t agree with is the low amount of health agents.
10 years ago I could send out DM’s for t65’s 3 months out and sign up people easily. With the changes to the under 65 market, there’s tons more agents working the Medicare market. You have to mail 5-8 months out to have a chance

Gloacoma is non reversible. I have taken alot of flack here without disclosing my heath situation. Its amazing how the perspective changes with folks when they get a real life story where hard working folks get screwed by nonsensical govt red tape. A family member has ALS in the same boat. How does AHIP CMS and carriers revoke renewals when some get sick literally unable to move their arms. Fortunately, I can still see a screen but it’s exhausting. People here boasting about passing AHIP in 1 hour makes me want to puke. Everyone time is coming. These requirements need to change when one retires and disabled. Anything else is unacceptable. Many Young wet behind the ears pumpers of MAPD are going to have a train wreck experience either by their own declining heath or product stripped out from under them.

You say you have Glaucoma. Do you smoke pot? :unsure:

I'm 72 but, unlike you, don't think I have inalienable right to collect lifetime renewals unless I am available to provide real service to my clients. It's not a matter of whether they choose to call me about issues, it's a matter of whether I will help when needed. My book of business is very solid (>95% retention on MAPD business) but I am not planning on having these renewals for more than the next 7-8 years because I will no longer want to provide any service.

At the same time I think experienced agents who have consistently demonstrated an ability to pass AHIP and carrier certifications for a given number of years (5, 6, 7, or 10) should be grandfathered into their annual certifications past that point without an exam. They can be required to do the training and sign an attestation but nothing beyond that.

I'm 72 but, unlike you, don't think I have inalienable right to collect lifetime renewals unless I am available to provide real service to my clients. It's not a matter of whether they choose to call me about issues, it's a matter of whether I will help when needed. My book of business is very solid (>95% retention on MAPD business) but I am not planning on having these renewals for more than the next 7-8 years because I will no longer want to provide any service.

At the same time I think experienced agents who have consistently demonstrated an ability to pass AHIP and carrier certifications for a given number of years (5, 6, 7, or 10) should be grandfathered into their annual certifications past that point without an exam. They can be required to do the training and sign an attestation but nothing beyond that.
82...72...you guys are making me feel like a kid, at a very young 67(27 in my mind). :laugh:

But not passing a ridiculous AHIP "gotcha" test doesn't mean that you can't provide quality service to your clients. It's just the way the whole slimy thing is designed. It's an obvious scam.

They know, every year, they'll be able to recoup at least 20% of the agents' business. I would also argue that they have no right to benefit from MY clients that I went out and got THEM. It's a two-way street.

I'm a younger agent, but I'm the type of guy that looks way into the future. Things definitely need to change in this business.

Learning how this AHIP test could absolutely decimate me and my business, this year, has definitely been a huge wake up call, and it should be in the front of every agents mind.

Sorry, but it's just not right.

But not passing a ridiculous AHIP "gotcha" test doesn't mean that you can't provide quality service to your clients. It's just the way the whole slimy thing is designed. It's an obvious scam.

They know, every year, they'll be able to recoup at least 20% of the agents' business. I would also argue that they have no right to benefit from MY clients that I went out and got THEM. It's a two-way street.

I'm a younger agent, but I'm the type of guy that looks way into the future. Things definitely need to change in this business.

Learning how this AHIP test could absolutely decimate me and my business, this year, has definitely been a huge wake up call, and it should be in the front of every agents mind.

Sorry, but it's just not right.

Exactly. Until it happens to them they dont get it and sit high on their pedals. Very repulsive.

Need more visionaries like urself to speak out bc the day is coming for all. I speak to my MAPD clients probably much more than these folks. How many funerals they've been to is on one hand if any of their clients.

U should never apologize for not following the herd.

Back