HELP

go check out mutual of omaha on cooper st in arlington. also check out physicians mutual , just two places to start. {going to the local garbage truck place and applying for garbage collector is way better than UA, ha ha } UA stinks

I am not in Texas but I am a Farmers Insurance Group agent. In my market our P & C products are very competitive. Sometimes our life rates frustrate me. Farmers doesn't sell Health so we can sell anyones health products. I am licenced with all major Health carriers and I still get group E & O through Farmers. Actually the P & C clients are the ones I sell health insurance too. Good luck & God Speed with whatever path you choose.;)

The limited benefit plan that physicians sells is way better than the UA flex. { but that ain't sayin' much,I guess, but still a good limited plan}
And, the life products and ltc and med supp ain't too shabby.

farmers is fairly strong here in tx but if you go in certain areas { like waco for instance} there is a farmer's agent every 300 feet. 3 or four on a block, overcrowded.

I would say you are fairly safe with those health companies. Today I was looking at my brokerage life sales options and realized I did not have a solid carrier for standard term/whole life for like 100k and above. I am kind of a final expense type of guy. So, the suggestions by you folks on here -are appreciated. I've heard AIG is good. In the early 1990's I used to sell Midland National Life but am not sure how they do as of 2008, they used to be really strong.

Please note that BC/BS and Aetna have some major differences as far as Rx and ambulance coverage. Ask yourself, if my client has a major illness and needs a ton of prescription drugs do you want them to call you and ask you why the plan you sold them has an annual limit on those things or do you want to offer them full coverage for the big stuff -- as much as possible of course. All plans have some limitations. I always figure that the reason companies limit prescription drugs is because that's a big pay out in a major illness. Most people want protection against the big stuff especially the 40+ market. BC/BS and Aetna ride on their reputation in the group market but their individual plans are a lot different.

A little food for thought!!!

Back