Were the Doom and Gloomers right?

• Busiest AEP ever, plans are blowing up!

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Yawn, just another AEP. boring!

Votes: 13 76.5%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
That’s what I was saying a month ago and some people laughed . Sure United didn’t term plans but they axed the $ dental from $1500 or $1000 to zero on existing plans nationwide . That’s big . They came up with competing plans with good dental but higher copays . Anyone who doesn’t think their book will be attacked is dreaming . Flipping those plans will be like taking candy from a baby . “ Mrs jones you got zero dental next yr . Don’t you need dental ? They say hell yes . I can get you $2 k . You’re still with awesome United . I’ve already got 5 referrals like that I’m flipping
Caveat not an agent.

The copays you are talking about, are they provider or Meds, or both?

Then, if one can get away from an emotional decision based on sore teeth (my teeth hurt right now and I am seeing the dentist later today :twitchy: so I definitely understand the emotional impact of dental coverage disappearing if you are in the MAPD world).

and just look at numbers,

what is the real cost trade off between loosing $1k in dental on one plan and having higher copays with another?

Does it wind up the same amount of cash spent for the plan holder?

It’ll be a cat 3 when it hits Tampa. It’ll be a 1 in orlando. We’ll probably have gust of 70-80 mph.

We aren’t rookies here in FL.
Some reports I saw said it might be a bit stronger than that this time.

Watch out for flying pythons and bull sharks.

I’m running 20 appts each day but only needing to change 2-3. We only have 2 viable PPOs next year in Orlando so they are staying.
Most WellCare PDPs are staying unless they take brand, then it’s uhc.
I have to move my Aetna PPO and Fl Blue PPO(losing coverage). Not one of my hmo clients want to move, yet.

That said, this is my busiest AEP activity wise, for sure.

Are you seeing your UHC members that actually value the dental benefits changing plans? My UHC members are upset but are more willing to buy the UHC DVH plan than to switch plans.At least UHC has strong loyalty going for them even though i believe they kinda screwed the pooch by completely dropping comprehensive dental.Funny thing is they could have just changed it to one of those dental hmo plans with the mythical unlimited benefits using the liberty network and the members wouldn't have been as upset- until they started using it anyway.

Are you seeing your UHC members that actually value the dental benefits changing plans? My UHC members are upset but are more willing to buy the UHC DVH plan than to switch plans.At least UHC has strong loyalty going for them even though i believe they kinda screwed the pooch by completely dropping comprehensive dental.Funny thing is they could have just changed it to one of those dental hmo plans with the mythical unlimited benefits using the liberty network and the members wouldn't have been as upset- until they started using it anyway.
Caveat, not an agent.

This is my idle curiosity kicking in.

If a person had a UHC MAPD with a dental benefit, the dental benefit goes away, and the person then buys a standalone UHC DVH, will UHC waive the restorative/major services waiting period on the standalone plan?

Thanks.

Two appointments today had UHC MAPD with me and they are very happy and want to stay. I told them we could look at other PPOs but they didn’t want to unless they said there were big differences in copays. We went over them and they said nope.

I haven’t brought up the idea for them to buy a DVH.

Ran a guys quote today Jardiance and ozempic . His total out of pocket likes $823. He’s ecstatic and doesn’t give a dam dental gone and copays up. People overall don;t like to switch plans

Back