How Long Will You Chase a Lead?

case1

Expert
GA
I try many different strategies when it comes to working final expense leads. What are the best ways back in the door if you couldn't close the first time? I always here there's no money in 'be backs'. Any tips on working this market of people who don't seem to give a shiz?

I try many different strategies when it comes to working final expense leads. What are the best ways back in the door if you couldn't close the first time? I always here there's no money in 'be backs'. Any tips on working this market of people who don't seem to give a shiz?

I don't chase them at all. If I meet with them and they don't buy then that lead goes in the trash. I do not call people back.

I do get called back about once a month and I will go back when they call. But only to write the app. I won't go back for a second "chat".

I had a message left for me today from a guy I met with about 3 weeks ago. His message says he's ready to do the deal. I haven't called him back yet but I'm working in his area tomorrow. I don't do the "think about it" close anymore either.

The ones that truly just needed more time will call you back. The rest are posers.

Can't wait to see replies.

I've been having some success filing old leads by birthday. Just started this in October. I pulled all Nov bdays in beginning of Oct and been calling them on light appt days.

Granted, I'm only driving 1-2hrs to my markets, so it wouldn't work if further. So far I've made $500 extra bucks I wouldn't have otherwise.

Look at the clients you have.
Did any of them screw you around,tell you to come back ?
Did any of them tell you to call you back ?

I doubt it.

Your clients realize we provide a an important product,service and want it now.

The rest of the names,numbers,create those little wads of paper that go into a trash can.

Next !

Sent from my iPad using InsForums

Can't wait to see replies.

I've been having some success filing old leads by birthday. Just started this in October. I pulled all Nov bdays in beginning of Oct and been calling them on light appt days.

Granted, I'm only driving 1-2hrs to my markets, so it wouldn't work if further. So far I've made $500 extra bucks I wouldn't have otherwise.

At least you may get them thinking again before there next birthday and higher rate- makes sense.

----------

Look at the clients you have.
Did any of them screw you around,tell you to come back ?
Did any of them tell you to call you back ?

I doubt it.

Your clients realize we provide a an important product,service and want it now.

The rest of the names,numbers,create those little wads of paper that go into a trash can.

Next !

Well put. For some reason I feel like I already new that. Thanks for confirming it!

At least you may get them thinking again before there next birthday and higher rate- makes sense.

----------

Well put. For some reason I feel like I already new that. Thanks for confirming it!

Chances are,you planted a seed and if the do indeed buy,they buy from someone else.
The deal wasn't there for you that day.
Same way when you walk in and get a lay down.
Someone was there before you and planted the seed,you wrote the deal,became a hero for them that day.

Just keep working,getting in front of new people,the law of averages will go your way.

Kinda like hitting on broads. Keep hitting on as many as you can until one of them says yes.
And oh yeah,they pick us,we don't pick them.

Same for selling FE !

Chances are,you planted a seed and if the do indeed buy,they buy from someone else.
Someone was there before you and planted the seed,you wrote the deal,became a hero for them that day.

Just keep working,getting in front of new people,the law of averages will go your way.

Kinda like hitting on broads. Keep hitting on as many as you can until one of them says yes.

Same for selling FE !

See, I feel like that's been what I've been needing to hear.

Same for selling FE !

As I read the post again, I wasn't really touching on the OP main point of going back to "present /not sold". I toss those I presented and not sold to. I had my chance and blew it. But for those leads I never did a presentation to, I keep and organize by birthdate.

Back