How Long Will You Chase a Lead?

I'd rather have less everything. I did this too. It will make you crazier, and eventually kill you.

I hear you,already lived that life and shed most "have to do's" and switched to "get to do's".
Much happier and have a much better quality of life than the "big "hitters" I used to run with.
Besides,I like to go fishing.

Lol !

The think about it close as defined here on the forum is a recission close, i.e. selling on their right to cancel. In my home improvement days this would get you fired. Some here use it effectively but to me it is a no-no. Research Tom Hopkins' "think about it" close. A totally different animal and very effective.

Here's what I want to know. If you are writing 4-5k every week,how do you have time to be on the forum ? I mean really,you are driving 500-700 miles a week,faxing in all the apps,taking care of things that pop up with your deals,errors,following up with customer service,delivering policies......I barely have time to squeeze one out on the pot every morning. How do you have any kind of life ? Hobbies,women,friends,taking care of personal business.....family.... Really,help me understand. Thanks " The Burial Man "

SYSTEMS! SYSTEMS! SYSTEMS!

I work in my backyard so I don't have to drive 3-4 hours round trip to/from work.

When I walk in the door after a day in the field my SEXretary knows it's faxing time. She does that stuff.

She also sets my appts.

She also scrubs and finishes up any little details I might of missed on the apps I wrote for that day.
Like addresses or phone numbers. She has templates I made for her to follow and make sure the app is IGO before faxing. It is EXTREMELY RARE that I get an amendment.

I don't deliver policies. My thought is if I did a good enough job the first time there's no real need for me to revisit. If I do I'm losing out on NEW business that I could be writing.

I don't get too many customer service calls.

Got home today to find 2 people called my business line "looking for insurance" (those are the customer service calls we like to make). My lady scheduled them both for tomorrow...we shall see how that turns out.

It's nice to work 5 appts a day Mon-Thurs (20 appts in total) and still have plenty of time to enjoy many other things.

I just finished a month where I actually WORKED for the first time in my life. I was putting in 40+ hours including weekends. I normally roll on cruise-control but I wanted to see what I was capable of if I pushed myself.

If I lost my help though, I'd manage everything just fine. I did ALL that kinda stuff myself for years.

I work in my backyard so I don't have to drive 3-4 hours round trip to/from work.

When I walk in the door after a day in the field my SEXretary knows it's faxing time. She does that stuff.

She also sets my appts.

She also scrubs and finishes up any little details I might of missed on the apps I wrote for that day.
Like addresses or phone numbers. She has templates I made for her to follow and make sure the app is IGO before faxing. It is EXTREMELY RARE that I get an amendment.

I don't deliver policies. My thought is if I did a good enough job the first time there's no real need for me to revisit. If I do I'm losing out on NEW business that I could be writing.

Got home today to find 2 people called my business line "looking for insurance" (those are the customer service calls we like to make). My lady scheduled them both for tomorrow...we shall see how that turns out.

It's nice to work 5 appts a day Mon-Thurs (20 appts in total) and still have plenty of time to enjoy many other things.

I just finished a month where I actually WORKED for the first time in my life. I was putting in 40+ hours including weekends. I normally roll on cruise-control but I wanted to see what I was capable of if I pushed myself.

If I lost my help though, I'd manage everything just fine. I did ALL that kinda stuff myself for years.

Thanks....,now I have to find someone who I want to know all my business,how much I'm making etc....Last time I did that,I told myself the next girl I'd get to do that would weigh 350 lbs !

I decided a long time ago that I would embrace my profession as a constant part of me, and not ever-struggling to satisfy the "Work-Life Balance" myth. Work is my life and I love what I do. I do 1-2 hours of admin work before 7:30AM each morning, 5 days a week. After I drop my son off at school, I run between 6-10 pre-set appointments 5 days a week. Then, I come home and usually do another hour or so of admin work and follow up emails. When the weekend comes, I usually have a pile of paperwork to do, which takes between 4 to 8 hours over Saturday and Sunday to reasonably catch up. I really only give myself time to hit the gym 3 times a week, and walk on the treadmill in the AM to keep myself somewhat in shape. Oh yes, and to spend too much time reading/contributing to the Innshoorance Forum. I have embraced workaholicism, namely because that's one of the surefire ways to succeed in life and to live a life better than mediocrity.

Just a question. What if you had a company that did all that paperwork and admin work for you! For free?

Side note...I literally am on the elliptical right now! Lol!!!

The think about it close as defined here on the forum is a recission close, i.e. selling on their right to cancel. In my home improvement days this would get you fired. Some here use it effectively but to me it is a no-no. Research Tom Hopkins' "think about it" close. A totally different animal and very effective.
Ok. That's a first for me. Thank you

She also sets my appts.

For those who work with your wife, I salute you.

Back