How to service a lot of Medicare clients

Hey all,
A problem I have been trying to address lately is how am I going to service all of my Medicare clients. I'm starting to run into time management issues outside of AEP and I can't imagine how difficult it's going to be to service all of my clients and try and write new business during AEP. I have thought about the obvious such as hiring an assistant which I will end up doing but then how do you address compliance issues when having your assistant service your clients? Thoughts, ideas, and advice are much appreciated.

My wife is my assistant and its very helpful can imagine having no help at this point, the first couple of years it was OK, But now it makes a big difference

However, she is not full time working this time of year either. But it's helpful to have someone to call-ins companies when there are issues send apps, do send out cards, occasionally I get clients bills that might have been miscoded and such

I don't have much service work for Medicare clients.

I use a CRM (Access in Microsoft Office) to send out emails periodically to stay in touch. Emails on their birthday, holidays and Medicare news.

The Medicare news items and holiday emails are just one info piece or card and then I copy all of the clients emails into the bcc area and send. Takes 1 minute. Access exports the email addresses simply and quickly.

Get a CRM (customer relations manager) software.
Type your clients info in the software to form a database.
Run a search for clients with email addresses only.

P.S. I use Access in Microsoft Office so I can't vouch for any other database software.
Radius Bob is very popular among forum members but there is a monthly charge. My Access is paid for so there is no monthly fee.

I’ve never heard of a service time issue outside of AEP.
How many thousands of clients do you have?

1,600 but it's not really the quantity thats the issue, its the quality of the clients. I have a lot of MAPD clients that are low income and need a lot of hand holding. The Med Supp clients are great, no issues there.

My wife is my assistant and its very helpful can imagine having no help at this point, the first couple of years it was OK, But now it makes a big difference

However, she is not full time working this time of year either. But it's helpful to have someone to call-ins companies when there are issues send apps, do send out cards, occasionally I get clients bills that might have been miscoded and such

I admire that you work with your wife but that is not an option for me. When we work together we're like water and oil...thrown over an inferno. Do you worry about compliance issues with your wife helping with the work?

I don't have much service work for Medicare clients.

I use a CRM (Access in Microsoft Office) to send out emails periodically to stay in touch. Emails on their birthday, holidays and Medicare news.

The Medicare news items and holiday emails are just one info piece or card and then I copy all of the clients emails into the bcc area and send. Takes 1 minute. Access exports the email addresses simply and quickly.

I appreciate that advice but a CRM is not what I need. I already use Agencybloc which I am mostly happy with. I touch base with everyone regularly, through mail, email and phone calls if necessary.

I have a service dog.

You made my day.

1,600 but it's not really the quantity thats the issue, its the quality of the clients. I have a lot of MAPD clients that are low income and need a lot of hand holding. The Med Supp clients are great, no issues there.

I admire that you work with your wife but that is not an option for me. When we work together we're like water and oil...thrown over an inferno. Do you worry about compliance issues with your wife helping with the work?

No issues my wife understand this is how we support the family we are a team, However, If not her I could hire someone part-time for the same thing

No complex issues

What she does is send paper apps to submit update requirements with Ins companies and every here and there I get some unpaid bills from clients that might have been miscoded or not billed to ins company we fix, call-ins company to resend cards when not received That type of stuff

I don't usually have too much hand-holding with MA plans

But then again I won't do Medi/Medi's

I will add if a client calls in with any confusion about the plan or needs any explanation I do those calls

Yeah that’s a good number of clients but having low income people can be a challenge. I will admit, the dozen or two clients of low income I have, they are a pita

Back