HSA 100 from United Health

Lemme guess?

One has to do with hustling them into something. Once they get it "off the lot" nobody worries - no chargebacks.

The other one has to do with residual income, and keeping them as a client. The longer you keep them, the more you earn.

Am I close?

You mean when a Mega agent slams someone and moves onto the next kill and a solid car salesman is concerned with building up a life-long client base?

Allow me to compare selling Beemers to Insurance

Beemer:
Interviewing took a week: floor manager, general manager then owner. Had to take two tests. After I was hired it was one full week of 8 hour a day training.

After training I needed to past a product test - took three hours. After passing the test I was now in training for a month and was assigned a senior sales rep.

Everything was about CSI - customer service index. It was 1 to 4. Lower then 3.5 and you're fired.

Every client who bought was called by a Beemer rep and asked about 40 questions about their experience. Remember that "you're fired" if you get below 3.5 out of 4.0.

The dealership had their own score -again, 1 to 4. Lower then a 3.5 and they lose allocation slots. What's that mean? It means the dealerships with the highest customer score got 1st pick. That means if you sucked you got last pick = good luck selling with the worst cars on the lost.

Now let's talk about insurance:

All the carriers took my pulse to appoint me. My cat could have passed the insurance exam. Pretty tough one there; can take on online class.

Yep - real professional designation when it's a choice between taking your online insurance training or enrolling in the University of the Bahamas and getting your online degree in one week!

The industry sets the tone with how big of a joke this is with a 2 hour test and a practice CD to pass it.

There was not only zero training but the training I did receive was highly unethical.

The carriers know about unethical training and don't give a crap. Happy clients? Screw 'em - give us apps! Lie to clients? Do it! Just write apps! I've never seen a larger whore business in my life.

So yes, there's a difference. I was proud to be a Beemer sales rep and hate to admit I an insurance rep.

Maybe one day insurance sales will live up to car sales standards.

Insurancemax.

Selection, no haggle pricing and premium financing all in one place.

Why hasn't anyone thought of that before?

Back