Humana First Look?

its hard to say if it blew up or not. really have to see how the market reacts. we can speculate all day how the customer will react, but at the end of the day, its up to them.

I looked over the BoB after my last post. I only have about a dozen of people on the 393 plan. I expect about half of them to stay with it. They are healthy, and mainly wanted the plan for the giveback, while still having the flexibility of the PPO.

I still think its going to be a more boring year than many here think

Where else can they get a PPO with a giveback? Devoted?
You could move them to a humana hmo with a giveback. But now they have referrals and a bad network. I think once you tell them to move to another plan, they are going to insist on a PPO. Then you say, oh, you’ll lose a lot of money in your SS check.

Where else can they get a PPO with a giveback? Devoted?
You could move them to a humana hmo with a giveback. But now they have referrals and a bad network. I think once you tell them to move to another plan, they are going to insist on a PPO. Then you say, oh, you’ll lose a lot of money in your SS check.
thats a fair point.

I suppose we will see how the customers will react in a few weeks 🤷‍♂️

Humana Value Rx Plan (PDP) S5884-195-000 could be a Wellcare alternative in Wisconsin, assuming Humana will pay commission: $16.50/mo. $0 copay on Tiers 1 & 2, 20% on T3. Compare that to Wellcare $0 copay on T1, $5 on T2, and 25% on T3.
Potentially even better will be UHC Saver PDP... $5 premium and 16% T3!

Is yours telling you what the “old” PPOs’ benefits will be?

How do you know that the older PPO is richer than the newer one? First Looks on Vantage only shows the newer one with the $2 giveback.
These plans don’t look so bad except for no OTC, $50/qtr on OTC with the new LIS plan, but kicking the CSNP to the curb again.

The debil went down to Georgia and he was loooking for an agent’s soul to steal. He was in a bind, way behind and ready to make a deal.
Better not come to South Georgia.

We'll crawfish his ass.

are they discontinuing the older PPOs in your area?
No. I’m still able to order enrollment guides for the older PPO, which is flagged “green” as a “top seller” even though it is less robust now in 2024. The newer PPO is flagged “yellow” as a “medium seller”. I hope that it doesn’t mean that Humana is suggesting the older one is the one to to sell because it is the more robust for 2025.

How does the embedded dental look?
In many markets, the dental is “fine” relative to everyone else. Some plans gutted dental. There are many markets where Humana cut but did not gut. Still a four figure allowance, still comprehensive, still no cost sharing (in network), and most plans will give you some level of coverage OON.

Back