"I'm OK as long as I take my meds

mudhound

Guru
100+ Post Club
Funny story:

I have been working with this lady for about 2-3 months. She had group life coverage and lost it recently. Here is her issues: She is 62 years old, non smoker, and has some memory issues. YES! She takes 2 or 3 memory meds. In fact, she :herself: will tell you she has. Alzheimer’s.

I just got a message from her that her husband thought my rates were too high. She allowed that they were going to get life coverage thru their car insurance company! I can almost hear the conversation now: I’d like $25,000 in life insurance. Let me ask you the health questions? Do you have blank and blank? Denied.

Of course I tried to tell her this. But, they were 100% sure she could qualify due to her being nearly 100% fine taking her meds. LOL! I hear this from time to time. I’m ok as long as I take my meds.

Had a buddy from church that wanted a 10 year term to cover his car note. He has primary progressive MS.

Couldn’t find anyone that would take the risk. Whole Life was too expensive.

He kept saying, “I don’t understand. MS isn’t a death sentence.”

The UWs were saying he has the worst kind of MS.

Had a buddy from church that wanted a 10 year term to cover his car note. He has primary progressive MS.

Couldn’t find anyone that would take the risk. Whole Life was too expensive.

He kept saying, “I don’t understand. MS isn’t a death sentence.”

The UWs were saying he has the worst kind of MS.
Denial is not just a river in Egypt

Some, if not most, Auto companies offer guaranteed issue WL which also gives a discount on the auto policy. Some are graded, some not. If you are breathing and your eyes are open you are covered.

Say what you will about me, but once the chargeback liability is gone or minimized, they get the old college try and then I wish them well.

I'm not fighting stupid. I want to help, but I'm not a miracle worker and I only going to put so much effort into helping someone realize the truth about their health.

Particularly when their doctor is busy saying, "Yeah, considering X, you are doing pretty well in managing it." All they here is doing pretty well, completely ignoring the actual health condition.

Some, if not most, Auto companies offer guaranteed issue WL which also gives a discount on the auto policy. Some are graded, some not. If you are breathing and your eyes are open you are covered.

While that is true, the discount is often minimal and the policies generally aren't competitive. Also if she is well into or through the waiting period, I would question if it is an ethical and appropriate replacement.

Waiting period for what? She lost her group life policy and wants individual coverage. The discount on her auto may not be great, and the discounted premium on the Life may still be high but not as high as a non-discounted policy. She also has an agent who keeps additional feet out of her household.

Waiting period for what? She lost her group life policy and wants individual coverage. The discount on her auto may not be great, and the discounted premium on the Life may still be high but not as high as a non-discounted policy. She also has an agent who keeps additional feet out of her household.

I misread it, I was thinking she had a policy with mudhound already.

With the Alzheimer's, I would just wish her well then. She is GI no matter what.

People will ask me what I do for living and I tell them but their came a point in my time doing insurance where I also realized to tell people what I dont do for a living:

1. I dont chase ghosts
2. I don't fix "stupid"
3. I don't work miracles

If I call you numerous times and I never get you like you are never home or no one has ever answered the phone or I spoke to you once and could never reach you after that, you are a ghost to me (and no I do not door knock folks at this time in my career). I'm not a ghost buster!

If you have as they say "one foot in the grave" and you want day one coverage or preferred ratings or you need me to convince you why you should get insruance when you dont have any and you are in retirement age I don't fix "stupid."

If you want adequate insurance for $10 or less a month and you are 60 plus for example - I dont work miracles.

I have learned to find joy in selling to folks as well as NOT selling to folks. I would never let anyone or anything make me lose my sanity.

I suggested that. He called them and they said they discontinued the program. Mitsubishi if I recall.

Back