Is AIG customer service really this lousy????

Life Hawk

Guru
5000 Post Club
While trying to catch a past client I knocked on her next door neighbor's door. After a short time discovered she had an AIG plan. Asked to see her policy... all she could provided was a single sheet of paper. It had her coverage listed as "Life".

I told her, "let's call them up and get you another policy". We did and I had one of the most frustrating customer service calls I've had in quite awhile.

Among other things... I asked what type of life policy...

Answer... Graded Whole Life, client didn't under stand what that was... agent apparently didn't explain it...

Asked for the lady to explain it to her... she said she couldn't???
I asked her to tell her if she died today how much money would her family get... she wouldn't answer???
I said, her client who had been paying her bill would like some answers... none!!!

Is the call center for AIG in India? Sure sounded that way to me...

I'm not sure if others have had this kind of lousy service from AIG while on the phone with a client... (don't currently write AIG)

Not impressed... :no:

Poor kid that wrote this one is going to loose it. :yes:

What you can't beat on price... you beat on service... and by telling the truth.

Just curious you said "Poor kid that wrote this one is going to loose it." Why would you say that? If you replaced the policy without knowing how long she had it(so it sounds) and knowing she is GI(for a good reason), then you could have not done what is in her best interest. To most of us agents when someone is on AIG GI with a graded option, it is not because the client is healthy. Just want to make you aware of what is considered a good replacement. If she had over 2 years then you should definitely no do.

Just curious you said "Poor kid that wrote this one is going to loose it." Why would you say that? If you replaced the policy without knowing how long she had it(so it sounds) and knowing she is GI(for a good reason), then you could have not done what is in her best interest. To most of us agents when someone is on AIG GI with a graded option, it is not because the client is healthy. Just want to make you aware of what is considered a good replacement. If she had over 2 years then you should definitely no do.

Allow me to clarify...

#1 She went graded do to using insulin... there are other options

#2 We called the company... I know how long she has had it... one of my barely answered questions... less than 6 months... +18 months to go...

#3 You assume too much... just because you run into someone with a graded policy... it doesn't mean they should have been quoted or provided a graded policy

#4 Would you want your mom to have an agent that didn't explain what having a graded policy was all about? :skeptical:

"Poor kid that wrote this one is going to loose it." Why would you say that?

Because he is... I was just astonished at how poorly the call to AIG went...

and I'm still ticked off that they wouldn't provide information to their own client... :sad:

I’ve seen plenty FFL agent write a AIG if they can’t get Eagle Premier to go through. Yes, there customer service eats ____. Just as for an american call center rep next time.

Allow me to clarify...

#1 She went graded do to using insulin... there are other options

#2 We called the company... I know how long she has had it... one of my barely answered questions... less than 6 months... +18 months to go...

#3 You assume too much... just because you run into someone with a graded policy... it doesn't mean they should have been quoted or provided a graded policy

#4 Would you want your mom to have an agent that didn't explain what having a graded policy was all about? :skeptical:

Because he is... I was just astonished at how poorly the call to AIG went...

and I'm still ticked off that they wouldn't provide information to their own client... :sad:

Lots of supposed FE call centers do this. If a person doesn't qualify for Mutual of Omaha, they tell them they only qualify for AIG or Gerber. It's sad

Lots of supposed FE call centers do this. If a person doesn't qualify for Mutual of Omaha, they tell them they only qualify for AIG or Gerber. It's sad

I dont sell any GI in my call center, but I do have friends that own call centers who do.

They try to minimize the amount of carriers they sell to help with the learning curve for new agents, and to stop other agents from writing business with carriers who they dont have a debit balance with.

Most call centers have a different business philosophy than the indy route or the face to face route, at least the ones I know of who are doing well.

I dont sell any GI in my call center, but I do have friends that own call centers who do.

They try to minimize the amount of carriers they sell to help with the learning curve for new agents, and to stop other agents from writing business with carriers who they dont have a debit balance with.

Most call centers have a different business philosophy than the indy route or the face to face route, at least the ones I know of who are doing well.

you nailed it. They don't want to put in the time to properly train agents with underwriting. While this helps make life easier for call center, it does hurt consumers who buy a guarnateed issue product, that could otherwise qualify for day 1 coverage

you nailed it. They don't want to put in the time to properly train agents with underwriting. While this helps make life easier for call center, it does hurt consumers who buy a guarnateed issue product, that could otherwise qualify for day 1 coverage

I don’t necissarily think it’s about training, it’s more about scaling quickly.

Remember, the biggest sellers of Final Expense (face to face) are the groups/carriers who focus on one or two products.

Back