Is it seriously Possible to be a Part-Time Agent

Many of the agents I know, including myself, work in the field 12 to 15 hours a week. I do spend another 4 or 5 hours per week in my office making calls, getting applications approved and putting out fires etc. I believe if your going to do that and be successful, you better have your ducks in a row and know how to close.

Yes that is why training is key, I think some people say you can’t be part-time because there version of part-time is .. make a call here make a call there and home you close a couple of policies.. it’s like when I was a Real Estate Agent, the trend now with that is being a part-time Agent. That industry to a whole different animal.

How many IMO's or uplines in general.. or even captive agencies.. will allow an agent to be part-time, or rather stay part-time. Most I know because you are working commission will say you can start off part-time but want you to become full time.

I think most top agents are what you would consider "part-time" some of the best agents I know including myself will be out in the field 2 days a week sometimes 3 if they haven't hit their goal.

So having Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday off Is Not Unusual for the guys that can hit their goal in 2 to 3 days.

of course depends what your goal is too I'm talking about a $4,000 AP goal.

Welcome to the industry feel free to reach out if you have any specific questions

Training is certainly key.

Ha! I too came from Real Estate

I am just curious why did you make the switch, or do you still do it here and there. I left my broker because the communication was horrible, the broker would tell you one thing, the “office trainer” would tell you something else. Then he lost two listings for me. Got to a point that I asked the office trainer if he has ever actually sold a house before in his “15 years” of doing it.

I am just curious why did you make the switch, or do you still do it here and there. I left my broker because the communication was horrible, the broker would tell you one thing, the “office trainer” would tell you something else. Then he lost two listings for me. Got to a point that I asked the office trainer if he has ever actually sold a house before in his “15 years” of doing it.
Yeah real estate is kind of like this industry in a way, where out of the hundred percent of people doing this only a small percent can make a good living at it. Lot of piss poor real estate agents claiming to be good.

My partner and I still dabble with it here and there.

but most of it we stopped in 2008 lol

Yeah real estate is kind of like this industry in a way, where out of the hundred percent of people doing this only a small percent can make a good living at it. Lot of piss poor real estate agents claiming to be good.

My partner and I still dabble with it here and there.

but most of it we stopped in 2008 lol

I see, so basically if any agent is make the industry switch because they thing they will do better.. they won’t because there hustle has to change.

Yeah my broker basically said that after 2008 the industry didn’t change in getting worse, it just became different. Most of it now is all online ads.

Whats more important than the time you put in, is the effort you put into the time.

Part time or full time is really just a mindset.

Put in full time effort into any hours, and it will work itself out.

The way we look at part time is that is an agent only wants contracts and is just getting leads on his own as needed it's no big issue. But if we are going to train you and tie up a lead area we only do that for full time. We only want a limited number of agents and most have their own lead territory so it only makes sense to have a full time agent in the territory rather than a part timer.

But that being said, you coming new into the industry I would tell you that you 100% have to go with someone that is going to train you. It makes the learning curve much shorter and is really the difference between making it or not.

The way we look at part time is that is an agent only wants contracts and is just getting leads on his own as needed it's no big issue. But if we are going to train you and tie up a lead area we only do that for full time. We only want a limited number of agents and most have their own lead territory so it only makes sense to have a full time agent in the territory rather than a part timer.

Yep so the more money the company spends the more full time you need to be.

Back