Is it seriously Possible to be a Part-Time Agent

It seems to me that there are a lot of costs to becoming an insurance agent that are not immediately apparent. I think it might be difficult for a newly starting agent to work part time and fund all those costs.

I started part time while I was going to school. To be honest I didn’t start working full time in this biz until I started an agency.

Part time or full time, it really doesn't matter. If your writing enough business, and you have a boss, they will more than likely leave you alone.

The way we look at part time is that is an agent only wants contracts and is just getting leads on his own as needed it's no big issue. But if we are going to train you and tie up a lead area we only do that for full time. We only want a limited number of agents and most have their own lead territory so it only makes sense to have a full time agent in the territory rather than a part timer.

But that being said, you coming new into the industry I would tell you that you 100% have to go with someone that is going to train you. It makes the learning curve much shorter and is really the difference between making it or not.

Even with all those YouTube’s out there pretty much telling you how to work leads.

often times its less about what you say, and more about how you say it. you can get along with saying many different and questionable things as long as you say them with a smile in your voice

Now to start the great debate ...

I got a better one: Is it possible for a lone independent agent to write $100k in FE annualized premium in one month? I've seen someone do $50K in one month. If the youtubes is to be believed there is an LH agent out there who claims somewhere around $82K in one month, but that of course is a captive agent with an overpriced product.

Can it be done? $100K in 1 Month? FE premium only ... or, let's say "simplified issue premium only," to include term products, but lets exclude the single premium cases.

I got a better one: Is it possible for a lone independent agent to write $100k in FE annualized premium in one month? I've seen someone do $50K in one month. If the youtubes is to be believed there is an LH agent out there who claims somewhere around $82K in one month, but that of course is a captive agent with an overpriced product.

Can it be done? $100K in 1 Month? FE premium only ... or, let's say "simplified issue premium only," to include term products, but lets exclude the single premium cases.

I heard One life currently has a guy who does much more than 100k per month in FE. Not sure if that is true or not, but if so that's pretty crazy.

I heard One life currently has a guy who does much more than 100k per month in FE. Not sure if that is true or not, but if so that's pretty crazy.

Sure would be! He's doing it on his own pen with no one else's production claimed as his own? I know there is a guy near me who does big numbers with a few carriers, but he has several agents in the field, and all the production is credited to him rather than spread out among his writing agents.

I'd like to have me one of them there $100K months :yes:

Sure would be! He's doing it on his own pen with no one else's production claimed as his own? I know there is a guy near me who does big numbers with a few carriers, but he has several agents in the field, and all the production is credited to him rather than spread out among his writing agents.

I'd like to have me one of them there $100K months :yes:

I don't know to be honest, but the person who told me said he asked around and said the guy works non stop 7 days per week and it is his own pen.

there it is. this thread has just now turned into crazy talk. pie in the sky numbers do nothing for 99% of the agents looking to learn something in this thread.

Back