Is the old school way of insurance sales- gone forever?

United Insurance Company, Kemper, several smaller regional companies.. Believe SNL still has debit operations in Mississippi and Louisana.
SNL has debit in several states. I think Security Plan is still running debits in a couple states, also

Liberty Bankers is still in the debit business, but all new home service applications are written under American Benefit Life.

I did f2f sales when I first got licensed in 2020. For younger folks I always gave the option for zoom.
Now I do strictly Medicare telesales and I will never go back to f2f.
Here’s is why:
More reach- I can cover a wider area.
-I’m licensed in 25 states.

More prospects- if you if you are f2f your’re pool of people is much smaller.

More efficient use of time- No windshield time means I can do other things with my time.

It works better for my family- during my breaks I’m already at home to help my wife with the kids.

Works better for the client- what I have noticed is that younger seniors are more trusting and prefer to take care of business over the phone.

I did f2f sales when I first got licensed in 2020. For younger folks I always gave the option for zoom.
Here’s is why:

More efficient use of time- No windshield time means I can do other things with my time.

It works better for my family- during my breaks I’m already at home to help my wife with the kids.

Works better for the client- what I have noticed is that younger seniors are more trusting and prefer to take care of business over the phone.
This is the FE forum

Here’s is why:

You’re going to learn a very painful lesson about writing low income mapd telesales and persistency . 1000’s before you have learned . You’ll be lucky to retain 50% at the 12 month mark.You’re dealing with a transactional sale over the phone with low income people that switch on a dime. Many fill out 25 facebook and direct mail leads a yr. Your only chance in that market is face to face building relationships . Not being negative but that’s reality . Also face to face you get mountains of referrals and tons of life sales. Many of these people are lonely and need that in person interaction to be loyal. Those are facts. Hell I’d love to sit in the house many days and sell over the phone . But it just doesn’t work with low income and leads. I’d love for you to prove me wrong at your 1 yr mark showing me your 12 months of deposits from your employer.Give the 1000’s before you hole it can be done. No question fe can and id being done on the phone .

Last edited:
You’re going to learn a very painful lesson about writing low income mapd telesales and persistency . 1000’s before you have learned . You’ll be lucky to retain 50% at the 12 month mark.You’re dealing with a transactional sale over the phone with low income people that switch on a dime. Many fill out 25 facebook and direct mail leads a yr. Your only chance in that market is face to face building relationships . Not being negative but that’s reality . Also face to face you get mountains of referrals and tons of life sales. Many of these people are lonely and need that in person interaction to be loyal. Those are facts. Hell I’d love to sit in the house many days and sell over the phone . But it just doesn’t work with low income and leads. I’d love for you to prove me wrong at your 1 yr mark showing me your 12 months of deposits from your employer.Give the 1000’s before you hole it can be done. No question fe can and id being done on the phone .
You do realize that the quarterly sep is goin away right?

You do realize that the quarterly sep is goin away right?
Thats irrelevant I assure you . Call centers will use spap,mov, lose or change of lis , dst’s for sep’s.Unless carriers start checking and cracking down won’t matter . I do think if dual vol doesn’t slow down after oep they will crack down to scare agents a little

Here’s is why:

You get to stay home. No need to wear a shirt with a collar,drive all over the place,eat road garbage. You have your old lady right there so you can play anytime you want. Take a break and have fun with kiddos. Take a nap. Grill a steak.

What else would a guy need?

Sounds like a lot of fun.

Many are working from home,earning a living in many different businesses today so it must be working.

I couldn’t do it but happy for those who can.

Back