• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Is the old school way of insurance sales- gone forever?

Almost every time I've had a gun pulled, it was rural. But that's just how they answered the door to any stranger.

The only time I felt like someone was actually going to shoot me was in a nice suburban neighborhood. The guy was early 60s and had a newer Corvette in his garage; no idea why he sent in an FE lead.

We had an appointment, he tried to cancel, and I showed up anyway. When I pulled up, he ran inside his house and ran back out aiming a pistol at me. I was parked in the street in front of his house, and he kept daring me to set foot on his property. I told him to f*ck off and got out of there.

Nut jobs are not exclusively younger thugs
Almost every time I've had a gun pulled

What? Is this on the regular?

Man I appreciate phone sales

But seriously is this really that common now?

Closer to 3 times a year for 4 years lol. But yes, l agree.

It's usually when I'm out door knocking leads, and these rural rednecks think they have to answer the door with a shotgun or pistol aimed at me. It's a bit overly cautious on their part in my opinion.

Really Wow

I am surprised I have not hear this more with so many face to face guys

Closer to 3 times a year for 4 years lol. But yes, l agree.

It's usually when I'm out door knocking leads, and these rural rednecks think they have to answer the door with a shotgun or pistol aimed at me. It's a bit overly cautious on their part in my opinion.

You must have done a lot of door knocking in the south no?

This guy says he had a hand full in just 4 years
I know tons of door knockers all over the country that work mostly rural . I work 90% rural and have knocked 7k plus doors . I might have heard 1 or 2 total that had gun pulled , I’ve never had a gun pulled . Jewell must be super aggressive pissing people off to have a gun pulled 3-4 times a yr .

Back