• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Is the old school way of insurance sales- gone forever?

I know tons of door knockers all over the country that work mostly rural . I work 90% rural and have knocked 7k plus doors . I might have heard 1 or 2 total that had gun pulled , I’ve never had a gun pulled . Jewell must be super aggressive pissing people off to have a gun pulled 3-4 times a yr .

I agree. I've never had a gun pulled on me...urban or rural...when door knocking leads or the next door neighbor of the leads. And I started in 1999.

I know tons of door knockers all over the country that work mostly rural . I work 90% rural and have knocked 7k plus doors . I might have heard 1 or 2 total that had gun pulled , I’ve never had a gun pulled . Jewell must be super aggressive pissing people off to have a gun pulled 3-4 times a yr .

Notice I said that they answer the door with a gun in their hand. They're not pulling guns midway through an appointment. They're coming to the door, pistol in hand.

None of them are pissed. They're just being overly cautious (and paranoid). Once I introduce myself, they put the gun away.

One time I had an appointment, folks gave me bad directions, and I ended up showing up at the neighbor's house 1/2 mile away.

Neighbor came outside, shotgun in hand.. once he got a look at me, he realized I was an insurance agent and put the gun away.

Y'all ain't ever had that happen?

Notice I said that they answer the door with a gun in their hand. They're not pulling guns midway through an appointment. They're coming to the door, pistol in hand.

None of them are pissed. They're just being overly cautious (and paranoid). Once I introduce myself, they put the gun away.

So they open the door and pt a gun at you ? I’ve never ever had that happen . Hell many a time I’ve thought she nobody could think I’m police or I could interrupt a drug deal and somebody could fire through the door . One crazy thing I had happen . Was at a persons house presenting .I needed to go to car ti get something . Had my head down looking at what I was bringing in house . Walked right in . Look up and in the landing above a guy stand there says “ who the f are you ? “ . I walked in the wrong house !!! . I said sorry wrong house and hauled . I could have easily been shot

So they open the door and pt a gun at you ? I’ve never ever had that happen . Hell many a time I’ve thought she nobody could think I’m police or I could interrupt a drug deal and somebody could fire through the door . One crazy thing I had happen . Was at a persons house presenting .I needed to go to car ti get something . Had my head down looking at what I was bringing in house . Walked right in . Look up and in the landing above a guy stand there says “ who the f are you ? “ . I walked in the wrong house !!! . I said sorry wrong house and hauled . I could have easily been shot

Reading comprehension ain't your strong suit, is it?

I’m in my 21st year. Been on well over 10K appointments or DK’s.

Never once had a gun pulled on me. Or even a threat to go get a gun.

Never even been thrown out of a house. I’ve left homes on my own while they were still talking.

Reading comprehension ain't your strong suit, is it?

I’ve been in the business 4 times as long as you . Knocked 8 times the doors of you . Many guys in the business 30 plus yrs have commented . Yet not one of us has had one person come to the door with a gun .Yet you in the business 4 short years get 3-4 a yr . You must be working areas none of us ever have

I’ve been in the business 4 times as long as you . Knocked 8 times the doors of you . Many guys in the business 30 plus yrs have commented . Yet not one of us has had one person come to the door with a gun .Yet you in the business 4 short years get 3-4 a yr . You must be working areas none of us ever have

You seem to want some sort of proof. I don't have it. I don't know how to explain it. And if you don't believe me, IDGAF.

Back