It's doorhanger season!

@moonlight

"Put out 200 per hour"

I don't think the kid working for 8 dollars an hour is going to run to each house for you... if he did 200 an hour he would be going at a pace of 18 seconds per a house... especially if some houses have long walk ways to the front door...i think realistically it will be 35 seconds per house or about 100-120 an hour...depending on the neighboorhood of course.

60 per hour on the average in my old line of work. 45 with 5 surveys.

In the day - we would co-op the marketing effort. Our offer on a stand alone hanger - then dozens of offers ( non - competing ) in a waterproof bag. Pizza coupons, tune up coupons, etc. We actually made a nice profit in addition to the ROI on the leads.

Throw enough **** on the wall - some is bound to stick . . .

Tom

@moonlight

"Put out 200 per hour"

I don't think the kid working for 8 dollars an hour is going to run to each house for you... if he did 200 an hour he would be going at a pace of 18 seconds per a house... especially if some houses have long walk ways to the front door...i think realistically it will be 35 seconds per house or about 100-120 an hour...depending on the neighboorhood of course.

I actually put out 240 an hour - these are townhomes. 200/hr is a no-brainer. And I don't actually pay by the hour - been burned by that before. All of a sudden they only get 50/hr up as they drag ass.

200/hr is a good steady pace and I don't want anyone working longer than 2 hrs straight. I pay $18 per 400. So the kid comes to my house, I hand out 400, when he's done he gets $18. I don't care if it takes him 5 hours if he wants to take breaks every 15 minutes and talk on his cell.

Then I verify that he put 'em out before he gets paid. A bit daunting which is why I don't have a team of kids putting them out all day. I'd be too busy managing them to sell.

It's perfect to get out 2,000 a week. Just pay one person for 10 hours a week. It's one leg of a marketing plan.

" I actually put out 240 an hour. "

From experience I can tell you that even with townhomes - every 15 seconds per hang is way off. Every 30 is pushing it - but, to each their own.

I hope you hit the 2%+ you're targeting.

Tom

Good luck.

" I actually put out 240 an hour. "

From experience I can tell you that even with townhomes - every 15 seconds per hang is way off. Every 30 is pushing it - but, to each their own.

I hope you hit the 2%+ you're targeting.

Tom

Good luck.

Ok - so you're gonna tell me that I haven't been doing what I've been doing for years. Ok. Hey - I am indeed extremely fast for 240/hr - but it happens. 200 is no-brainer. My son's 6 and he'd get out 200/hr. Actually, my son's in for a nice surprise when he gets older. I remember my father throwing me an axe when we'd answer "free firewood" ads. Yeah.....free if you chop the trees down.

2% would be a gift - I've been running it for years on less of a return. It's just nice to get exclusive local leads. Oh wait.....there's supposedly no such thing as an exclusive lead. Drats.

Great idea, I've started jogging every morning...might as well canvas different neighborhoods while I'm at it.

It's great for newbies. Don't want to hop on the phone and telemarket? Not enough cake for $200/$300 per week in leads? Don't want to go BtoB and confront business owners? Grab a stack and slap 'em up.

It's great for newbies. Don't want to hop on the phone and telemarket? Not enough cake for $200/$300 per week in leads? Don't want to go BtoB and confront business owners? Grab a stack and slap 'em up.

Actually I have to disagree. If newbies don't learn "marketing", they will never be able to get out of the revolving door of finding sales.

I don't like the idea of 10,000 doorhangers. I don't like the idea of 10,000 postcards either.

This is known as the "shotgun" approach.

Here's what I do like, it's called the "rifle" approach.

Instead of sending/hanging 10,000 indiscriminately...find 2,000 people who buy what you sell.

Send something to them five times.

I give my personal guarantee that you will get better results.

Back