Let the MA Games Begin!

arnguy

Guru
5000 Post Club
Today Independence Blue Cross announced that its MA HMO Plans will change in 2010. They are dropping the two MA plans that have zero premiums and low or no cost copays. Wait until those announcments arrive in the mail to the subscribers----it will really hit the fan. The reason given is that IBC does not receive enough reimbursement from Medicare. This from a non-profit insurer with extremely high surplus and is the insurer of last resort in PA (which does not have any risk pool to speak of).

Today Independence Blue Cross announced that its MA HMO Plans will change in 2010. They are dropping the two MA plans that have zero premiums and low or no cost copays. Wait until those announcments arrive in the mail to the subscribers----it will really hit the fan. The reason given is that IBC does not receive enough reimbursement from Medicare. This from a non-profit insurer with extremely high surplus and is the insurer of last resort in PA (which does not have any risk pool to speak of).

Obama will be proud!!! :swoon:

Brush up on your Med Supp knowledge, if this trend continues, Med Supps are going to be rockin this year! I am ready!

I don't think that is "bad" news. I view it as very good news, in fact, great news.

Another drum roll please. Enter Medicare Supplement Plan M. I'm already making plans to market it in the St. Louis and KC areas. I really don't care what the commission is. I am going to go on a crusade to replace as many HMO's and PFFS plans as I can.

My Prospects database is full of those people. When they receive their letters I know they will be asking themselves, "I wonder how soon Frank will call". :laugh: It worked several years ago with a St. Louis based HMO so I see no reason why it won't work as well this time.

GREAT NEW!!! FOR ALL THAT CONTACTED ME OVER THE PAST 2 WEEKS.....HERE'S THE BEGINNING OF THE EVIDENCE YOU REQUESTED.....GO MED SUPPS!!

Don't know why you're so full of glee. There will be other MA companies with zero or low premium MAPD plans. I think folks are hooked on that Zero is a Hero idea. Met several who are helping out their grown kids financially because of the economy.

What I can't figure out is why anyone would sell the select plans and how are they making money? Some agent around here (with Bankers Life & Cas...no less) is pushing them as an alternative to MA's.

So far we have over 400,000 seniors who are being termed 2010 and will need to study all their options -- MedSupps, MedSelects, and Medicare Advantage Plans.

I look forward to the 2010 AEP. This year will be the prelude to 2011. 2010 will not be the Big Bang. If 25% of 42 million seniors have MA plans , then in 2011 ~10 million seniors will be the Big Bang.

The thing that concerns me is that about half of the 10 million MA owners where previously under insured and just had Medicare only. Most of us who know our markets, know that these people are not going to get their checkbook out for an N or M plan let alone a traditional MedSupp. :skeptical:

So, when you look at the 400,000 seniors, a few will get a supp, and most of the balance will find a local Cost Plan or an MA alternative for 2010.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch!:err:

Back